If you get used to inputting the current date in the subjects when writing emails in Outlook, why not let Outlook add the date automatically? This article will introduce the quick method to you.
When writing emails to my superior, I prefer to type the current date to the email subject. Thus I always need to check the date at first and then enter the numbers one by one. In order to improve efficiency, I find out a useful way to have Outlook add the current date for me. Here are the elaborate steps.
Auto Add Current Date to the Subjects of Outlook Emails
- At the beginning, launch Outlook and create a new email.
- Then in the New Message window, you need to verify if there is “Developer” ribbon. If not, go to “File” > “Options” > “Customize Ribbon”. In the right pane, enable “Developer” tab.
- After that, click “OK” to back to Message window.
- And switch to “Developer” tab, under which you need to click “Design this form” button in the group of “Form”.
- Next in the subsequent screen, you should click in the subject line. And right click it. From the popup context menu, choose “Properties”.
- A new dialog box of “Properties” will show up. Move to “Value” tab at first. Then under “Initial Value” label, enable “Set the initial value of this field to” option. And next in “Edit” line, fill in “Date()”. Lastly, click “OK”.
Note: if you want to auto add current time to the subjects, here you should input “Now()”.
- Later click “Publish” button and choose “Publish Form As” from the drop down list.
- In the new popup dialog box of “Publish Form As”, you need to specify the display name, such as “Auto Date in Subject”. And click “Publish” button.
- After that, just close the new message window without saving the changes.
- Now let’s learn how to apply this customized form. In Outlook main window, go to “Developer” tab and click on “Choose Form” button.
- In “Choose Form” dialog box, you should set “Look In” to “Personal Forms Library”. And then from the following form list, choose the target form – “Auto Date in Subject”. Ultimately click “Open” button.
- Finally you will get into a New Message Window and find that the subject line is filled with the current date automatically.
Recognize Spams According to the Subjects
To be honest, at times you can recognize a majority of spams by their subjects, which usually contain unclear senses or strange characters. Therefore, once you identify them, block the email addresses in time and never open the attached files or click the embedded links. Otherwise, you will push your Outlook into danger. In case of Outlook corruption, you have no choice but to resort to third party software like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can repair PST file and recover maximum data with utmost ease.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com