In this article, there are 4 quick ways to enlarge the space between the lines in bulleted or numbered list in Word.
There must be a lot of times when you will create bulleted or numbered list in your file. And by default, the line spacing of the list is set in “Single”. Then what if you want to increase the space between 2 list items? A larger space surely can make the list look clear in the eye. So today, we will share 4 methods on fixing this very problem.
Method 1: Press “Shift+ Enter”
- Firstly, place your cursor at the end of one list item.
- Then press “Shift+ Enter”. And you shall see there is a larger space between the first list item and the second. Repeat the action several times until you finish all the items in one list.
Method 2: Use “Separate List” Option
- For example, if you want to widen the space between the first item and the second one, you should position the insertion pointer within the second item.
- Then right click on it.
- On the list menu, choose “Separate List”.
Here is the result:
- Always remember to right click on the second list item if you need to enlarge the blank above it.
- Don’t right click on the first item, for you will only have the “Separate List” option grayed out.
- Never select multiple list items at one time but a single one instead. Otherwise, the “Separate List” option shall gray out, too.
Method 3: Change Line Spacing
It’d quite easy to figure out that changing line spacing to a larger value can address the issue.
- First of all, select the entire list.
- Then right click.
- Now choose “Paragraph” on the menu.
- Next in the “Paragraph” dialog box, choose a line spacing value larger than single.
- Finally, click “OK”.
Method 4: Use Word Macro
- First of all, click “Developer” tab then the “Visual Basic” to open VBA editor.
- Next, you need to insert a new module by clicking the “Normal” first.
- Then click “Insert” and “Module” next.
- Now double click on the newly created module to enter editing space.
- Paste the following codes there:
Sub ChangeListSpaceTo1pt5() Selection.Paragraphs.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpace1pt5 End Sub Sub ChangeListSpaceToDouble() Selection.Paragraphs.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceDouble End Sub
- The first macro changes the line spacing to 1.5 lines and the second to double lines. You can choose one accordingly. Then place cursor inside the code lines.
- Click “Run”.
Feel No Fear when File Gets Corrupted
Once files especially important ones get compromised, panic is often the reflex. After all, we can’t blame people on being worried. However, here is the thing people should know that most of damaged documents are highly fixable. And all you need is a Word data corruption fix tool which shall hand you back your data.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including Excel xlsx data error repair tool and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com