If you’ve enabled the message preview in Outlook but find that the fonts are difficult to read, such as too small, you can change its font sizes. This article is mainly looking at this issue. You can utilize the method introduced here.
Outlook message preview permits us to read one-to-three lines of message body without opening it. In Outlook 2010 and previous versions, we can also change the fonts of preview. But in Outlook 2013 and higher, this feature disappeared initially. In newer iterations, we can only adjust the specified number lines of preview, namely selecting one line, two lines or three lines. Fortunately, in 2015, Outlook 2013 was updated with this feature. That is to say, if your Outlook 2013 has been upgraded, you can modify the fonts of message preview as well. As for Outlook 2016, it still lacks this feature. Now I will introduce the concrete steps to change its fonts.
Adjust Font Sizes in the Preview of Outlook Messages
- At the very outset, launch your Outlook application. In home page of Mail pane, you should switch to “View” tab and click the “View Settings” button.
- Then In the new dialog box, you should click “Other Settings” button and another dialog box will show up.
- In this dialog, you need to locate the “Auto-Preview” label, under which you should click “Fonts” button.
- Next in the subsequent window, you can see all fonts settings are over there, including Font, Font style, size, effects, and color and so on. You can modify any one of them in accordance with your preference.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to save the modified fonts.
Thereafter, as long as you have activated the Outlook preview view, you can see all the preview texts will be in the new font size. Note that the modified fonts only apply to the preview, not the reading pane.
Due to quantities of advantages, Outlook has been widely used by both firms and individuals. Not only can it deal with a number of emails, but also it is capable of managing contacts, arranging schedules and so on. Despite boasting of numerous capabilities, it is also the same vulnerable to corruption as other applications. Therefore, in order to avoid unexpected data corruption, we should get the habit of making regular backups. Moreover, it is also necessary for us to keep a repair tool handy like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This tool has stood way ahead of its peers due to its high Outlook recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com