When you create an Outlook meeting, you won’t be able to find “CC” or “BCC” field. But many users wish to CC or BCC a meeting invitation. In this article, 3 simple methods will be introduced in detail.
Many users may have noticed that there are only “To” field in the New Meeting window without “CC” or “BCC” fields. However, like CC or BCC common emails, sometimes you may hope to CC or BCC meeting invitations to someone else. In reality, via making some extra efforts, you can achieve it. The followings are 3 handy workarounds.
Tip 1: Utilize “Required”, “Optional”, “Resources” Option
- At the very outset, start Outlook and create a new meeting by “New Items” > “Meeting”.
- Then in the subsequent window, fill in all recipients in “To” field, no matter who you’re intending to directly send to or CC or BCC.
- After that, click on “Scheduling” button in the “Show” group.
- In the next screen, you can locate the “All Attendees” list. Click on the icon in “Attendance” column. There will be a drop down list shown up. You should specify “Optional Attendee” to the recipients who will be CC’d. And choose “Resource” to those who will be BCC’d.
- Later click “Appointment” to go back to the previous meeting screen. You will see that the “Location” field is filled with the recipients who are specified as “Resource”. You can delete them and replace an actual location.
- Finally you can click “Send” button to send it out.
The recipients will get the meeting invitation with CC’d attendees in “Optional” line. In addition, the BCC’d recipients will receive the meeting as well. But their email addresses won’t show up in the invitation. It will look like the screenshot below:
Tip 2: Forward the Meeting as iCalendar
- At the outset, create a new meeting invitation as usual and save it.
- Then go to calendar pane and pitch on this meeting.
- Next click on “Forward” button” in “Actions” group. And from the drop down list, select “Forward as iCalendar”.
- After that, a new message will open with the meeting as an attachment. Go to “Options” tab and click on “BCC” button in “Show Fields” group. Now you can fill in the “CC” or “BCC” button as per your needs.
- Lastly, click “Send” button.
When the CC’d or BCC’d recipients receive the iCalendar attachment, they can access the meeting and send you their responses, too.
Tip 3: Forward the Meeting as Text
- To begin with, still create and save a new meeting.
- Then select it in calendar. Drag and drop it onto Mail icon in navigation pane.
- Next a new message will open up in the background. It contains the meeting details in the message body. Now you can CC or BCC the meeting details.
By this means, the recipients will just receive the meeting details but won’t be required to send responses.
Address Outlook Issues Efficiently
Even if Outlook come programmed with multiple capabilities, it is susceptible a variety of issues, which have plagued regular users for a long time. Actually there are some universal tricks to cope with them, such as creating a new mail profile, disabling faulty add-ins, starting Outlook in safe mode, resorting Scanpst and so on. But if all of them mentioned above fail, you have no choice but to take aid of a more robust tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is adept at PST file problem repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server db and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com