After importing multiple old emails into Outlook and these emails are in “unread” status, you must want to batch mark them as read. Now, in this article, we will show 2 quick methods to you.
At times, you may need to batch mark multiple emails as read. For instance, you have an old PST file, which contains a plenty of old emails. Then, you import the emails into your own Outlook PST file. However, after importing, these emails are shown as “Unread” by default. At this time, you’ll want to batch mark these mails, older than a specific date, as read. Here we will look at this requirement to share 2 handy and efficient approaches.
Method 1: Batch Mark Found Emails as Read Manually
- For a start, open a mail folder.
- Then, click into the search box.
- Next, in “Search” ribbon, click “All Mail Items” button in “Scope” group.
- After that, input the criteria “sent: <=2018/5/21” in the search box. Change “2018/5/12” to your desired date.
- When searching completes, select all the found mail items via “Ctrl + A”.
- Finally, right click and choose “Mark ad Read” option.
Method 2: Batch Mark Emails Older Than Specific Date as Read with VBA
- To begin with, launch VBA editor in Outlook according to “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Then, copy the following code into a module.
Dim dDate As Date Sub MarkEmailsOlderThanSpecificDateRead() Dim objStore As Outlook.Store Dim objOutlookFile As Outlook.Folder Dim objFolder As Outlook.Folder dDate = InputBox("Enter the specific date:", , "2018/5/11") For Each objStore In Outlook.Application.Session.Stores Set objOutlookFile = objStore.GetRootFolder For Each objFolder In objOutlookFile.Folders If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then Call ProcessFolders(objFolder) End If Next Next End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(ByVal objCurFolder As Outlook.Folder) Dim objItem As Object Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objSubfolder As Outlook.Folder For Each objItem In objCurFolder.Items If TypeOf objItem Is MailItem Then Set objMail = objItem If objMail.SentOn <= dDate Then If objMail.UnRead = True Then objMail.UnRead = False objMail.Save End If End If End If Next If objCurFolder.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each objSubfolder In objCurFolder.Folders Call ProcessFolders(objSubfolder) Next End If End Sub
- Afterwards, press “F5” key to run this macro right now.
- Later, in the small popup dialog box, enter the specific date and hit “OK”.
- Eventually, all the emails older than the specific date will be marked as read.
Restore Compromised Outlook File
Outlook PST files may be damaged after Outlook crashes unexpectedly now and then. If you have an updated backup, you can just recover Outlook data with your backup. Otherwise, you have no choice but to seek a specialized expert or utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair to repair Outlook file.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Новые танцы 6 выпуск