To manage sent emails in great order, we can move them to desired folder, utilizing the following two easy methods in this article.
In general, all messages that we send will be located at the “Sent Items” folder by default. But with the number of emails constantly increasing, we will find this folder will be in a mess. As a consequence, it will be difficult for us to locate desired messages. Thus in case of such a scenario, it is highly advisable to classifying these emails to specified folders.
Taking my experience as an example, when I had no idea about moving sent emails to selected folder, I was accustomed to finding particular emails in “Sent Items” by Outlook Instant Search. One day I learned the “Move” method from my friend. By contrast, I have to admit that my past method is too stupid. Here are two simple methods to escape from difficulties of locating emails by filing sent emails.
Choosing Specified Folder When Sending Emails
- At the outset click “New Email” to open “New Message” window.
- Then switch to the “Options” tab.
- In the ribbon, we should find “Save sent items to” option. Click its arrow button, and we will see a drop-down list.
- Next we should click “Other Folders” item.
- After this click, a new dialog box of “Select Folder” will arise, in which we can select the existing folder. In addition, we can click “New” button to create a new folder, and then select it.
- Finally click “OK” to save the option setting.
Creating a Rule to File Sent Emails
- For a start we should click “Rules” in “Home” ribbon, and select “Manage Rules & Alerts” in the drop-down list. It will open a new window, in which click “New Rules” button.
- Then in “Rules Wizard”, we should select “Apply rule on messages I sent” and click “Next”.
- In “Conditions” field, we can select specific conditions as per our needs. Next in “Actions” field, select “Move a copy to specified folder” and “Stop processing more rules”. And click “Next”.
- Finally click a series of “Next”, one “Finish” and “Apply” button to activate this rule.
Applying Effectual Software to Restore Corrupted Outlook Files
The above two methods can help us to classify our sent emails depending on our preference. Nevertheless, it cannot assist us to elude Outlook corruptions. When it gets corrupted, all items, ranging from emails, appointments, tasks to notes, will be at risk. Hence we have to prepare an effectual outlook repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. Once confronted with corruptions, it can restore the damaged files with minimized loss of data speedily.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com