If you have created multiple tasks in your Outlook and now want to assign them to one person, you will long for methods to batch assign them. In this article, we’ll show you such 2 approaches.
At times, for some reasons, you need to assign several existing tasks in your own Tasks folder to someone. In general, to assign a task, you have to open it, and click “Assign Task” button, fill recipient in “To” field and lastly click “Send” button. But, this means is too tedious in the case where you want to assign many tasks. Hence, in the followings, we’ll share 2 much more efficient and convenient methods with you.
Method 1: Forward Tasks as Attachments in an Email
- To start with, in a Tasks folder, press “Ctrl” key and meanwhile select all the tasks you want to assign.
- Then, click the “Forward” button in the “Respond” group on “Home” tab.
- At once, a new email will be displayed.
- In this mail, all the selected tasks have been attached.
- Finally, you can add the recipient, compose and send out the mail at will.
Method 2: Batch Assign Tasks with Outlook VBA
- At the very outset, go to Outlook VBA editor by referring to “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Next, put the following VBA code into a module.
Sub AssignMultipleTasksToAPerson() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem Dim i As Long Dim lTaskCount As Long 'Get selected items Set objSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If Not (objSelection Is Nothing) Then lTaskCount = 0 For i = objSelection.Count To 1 Step -1 If TypeOf objSelection(i) Is TaskItem Then Set objTask = objSelection(i) With objTask 'Alter the recipient email address as per your needs .Recipients.Add ("firstname.lastname@example.org") .Recipients.ResolveAll .Assign .Send End With lTaskCount = lTaskCount + 1 End If Next 'Get prompt MsgBox lTaskCount & " tasks have been assigned!", vbInformation + vbOKOnly End If End Sub
- After that, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Later, select the tasks to be assigned.
- Finally, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Immediately, these tasks will be assigned to the predefined recipient.
Escape from Painful Outlook Data Loss
It’ll be quite miserable to suffer data loss, including Outlook data loss. Hence, it is necessary to make effective precautions to prevent that. First of all, you ought to make regular data backups. Besides, you need to know where you can get in-built fix tool – Scanpst and how to run it. Last but not least, so as to provide immediate rescue in case of inbox repair tool failure, you’d better prepare a potent external tool in advance, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com