Color category does help us a lot in classifying Outlook items. At times we may wish to print out a list of emails, contacts or a schedule that belong to one category. This article will introduce 2 techniques to accomplish it in quick time.
I am accustomed to classifying and managing my Outlook items by categories. On one occasion, I would like to print out my monthly calendar items which belong to a specific category. But in “Print Options”, I cannot figure out how to select the category. So I return to my calendar pane and try to find out other workarounds. Finally I discover the following two approaches.
Method 1: Apply a Filtered View
- For a start, switch to “View” tab.
- Then locate and click on “View Settings” button in the “Current View” group.
- After that, a new dialog box of “Advanced View Settings” will turn up. You should hit “Filter” button.
- Next in the subsequent dialog box of “Filter”, shift to “More Choices” tab. And then hit “Categories” button.
- Later in the latter dialog box of “Color Categories”, select the target category.
- Click a series of “OK” until all the dialog boxes are closed. After returning to Outlook mail list, you will see, only the emails which belong to the selected category are located in the list.
- Thus now you can go to “File” menu and switch to “Print” tab. In “Settings”, select “Table Style”, and you can preview the list at right side. Eventually hit “Print” button.
Note: If you often need to print the items in this selected category, it is suggested to create a new custom view with this filter. Click “Change View” button under “View” tab. From the drop down list, select “Save Current View As a New View”.
Method 2: Use Instant Search
Aside from applying a filtered view, we can actually use instant search tool. If you seldom need to print this kind of items in one category, this method may be much handier and simpler.
- At the beginning, enable “Search” ribbon by clicking into search box or press “Ctrl + E” keyboard shortcuts.
- After that, there are two options for you to specify the category:
- One is to click on “Categorized” button and select the target one from its drop down list.
- The other one is directly type the category name in the search box, for instance, category:”Test”
- After searching out your desired Outlook items, go to “File” > “Print”. Choose “Table Style” and press “Pint” button lastly.
Keep Vigilant against Potential Threats to Outlook
No only due to Outlook’s vulnerability but also various potential risks, you have to keep alert, protecting your Outlook all the time, such as not clicking embedded links in unknown emails. Plus, you should remain prepared for abrupt corruption as well. For example, you’d better keep a proven PST repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can come in handy for getting back maximum data in the event of Outlook crashes.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com