Many users ask for methods to link the names in an Excel worksheet to the relevant Outlook contacts. Now, in this article, we will introduce 2 such ways.
For instance, you have a list of names in an Excel file. Now, you want to link them to the associated contacts in your Outlook. To be specific, you wish that as long as you click on the links, its corresponding Outlook contacts will display. Now, in the followings, we will teach 2 approaches to realize it with ease.
Method 1: Link to Exported vCard Files
- First off, open the specific Excel file. As shown in the following figure, I’ll link the first name “Aaron” to the Outlook contact “Aaron” as an instance.
- Then, launch Outlook and locate the specific contact.
- Next, go to “File” > “Save As”.
- In the popup “Save As” dialog box, navigate to the specific local folder to save the exported contact and ensure “vCard Files” in the “Save as type” and lastly click “Save”.
- After that, return to the Excel file.
- Subsequently, select the cells you want to add the link to the Outlook contact.
- Next, press “Ctrl + K” button.
- In the “Insert Hyperlink” dialog box, browse to the folder where you save the vCard file, pitch on the specific vCard file, modify the text to display and click “OK”, like the screenshot below.
- After that, you’ll see that there is a link in the selected cell.
- When you click it, a message will show up, in which select “OK”.
- At once, the corresponding Outlook contact will open, like the image below.
If you have multiple names in Excel thus want to batch save multiple contacts as vCard files, please refer to “2 Methods to Batch Export Multiple Outlook Contacts as vCard Files“.
Method 2: Link to Contacts through MS OneNote
- In the first place, insure MS OneNote is installed on your PC.
- Then, in Outlook, select a certain Outlook contact.
- Next, click the “OneNote” button in “Actions” group on “Home” tab.
- Subsequently, MS OneNote will display with a section enabled, in which you can see the linked contact.
- Now, you need to select the “Link to Outlook Item” link and press “Ctrl + C” to copy it.
- Later, open the Excel file and locate the specific name
- Afterwards, paste the copied link into the right cell with source formatting.
- Finally, you can click the link, which will open the associated Outlook contact at once.
Repair Your Outlook File
Similar to Excel file, Outlook data file can be damaged readily in that there are too many risks and threats nowadays. For instance, improper shutdown can result in Outlook damage directly. Hence, it is prudent to prepare a powerful and reliable PST repair tool in advance, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. In this way, even if Outlook PST file is corrupt, you still can repair it like a cork.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql repair and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com