Outlook uses profiles to manage accounts, data files, and settings. Sometimes, you may need to delete the current profile and recreate a new one. Below are the steps:
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Start menu and proceed to the Control Panel.
- Click Switch to Classic View if you are using Windows XP or higher versions.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, select Show Profiles.
- Select one of the incorrect profiles in the list, then click Remove to remove it.
- Repeat step 6 until all incorrect profiles have been removed.
- Click Add to create a new profile and add email accounts according to their settings.
- In the “When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile” section, choose Always use this profile, then set it to the new profile.
- Start Outlook, it will use the new profile now.