We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Linux system administrator to join our dynamic team. As a Linux system administrator, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and optimizing our Linux-based infrastructure while ensuring data security and system reliability.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux servers and workstations, ensuring optimal performance, security, and stability.
- Monitor system health, identifying potential issues, and taking proactive measures to prevent downtime and performance degradation.
- Implement and manage system backups, disaster recovery plans, and data integrity measures to ensure business continuity.
- Collaborate with IT and development teams to assess and address infrastructure needs and support seamless integration with other systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to Linux systems, working closely with cross-functional teams when necessary.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including standard operating procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Establish and enforce security policies, ensuring adherence to industry standards and best practices.
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members and engage in knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Stay current with emerging trends, tools, and technologies in Linux systems administration.
- Participate in on-call rotations to address urgent system issues and provide support during off-hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux system administration, including hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux servers and workstations.
- Proficiency in various Linux distributions, such as CentOS, Ubuntu, and Red Hat.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Python, or Perl.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, services, and security best practices.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware, KVM, or Xen.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, is a plus.