Microsoft Access is used extensively by small and medium enterprises to manage complex data as well as to analyze it quickly and efficiently. For users just making a shift to Access from other databases, here is an overview on what makes Access such a popular tool.
- While Access database was every effective in maintaining a database, the only drawback was that users who did not have an Access client could not view the data or make modifications. With Access 2010, it is now easy to extend the Access database to the Web and provide users access online. Using just a browser, users can easily view the data and make modifications that are synchronized with the database. If the user is offline, it is possible to make these changes offline and then use Microsoft Server 2010 to synchronize the changes the next time the user is online. These kinds of modifications do increase the chances of the database getting corrupted but we will see later how to recover MDB data easily and effectively in case the database does get damaged.
- The new Access 2010 allows you to use multiple data connections so that you can collect information from other sources or just link them. By providing conditional formatting and powerful calculation tools, you can generate reports that are not only appealing visually, with the rich and dynamic images but also create a lot of impact. Since Access now supports data bars, you can easily track trends and provide management with a lot of insight into what the data is revealing.
- Using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Access 2010, it is possible to provide better protection to the data stored in the MDB files. The database can be stored centrally so that all the necessary data compliance, audit requirements and backup requirements can be met adequately. Access 2010 provides better manageability and increased accessibility. In the rare cases of corruption in the MDB file, it is easy to carry out an Access repair to recover MDB data from the central server.
- Users can now implement database templates created by others or share their own designs. By making pre-built templates available to the entire Access community, it is now easier for users to quickly create databases from the pre-designed template by customizing them according to their needs rather than having build them up from scratch.
- If you would like to create navigation forms that use Access data, you can do so by simply choosing from the pre-defined navigation templates made available by Access 2010. You can very quickly develop professional looking, web-like forms without having to spend any time in coding.
- The enhanced Macro Designer in Access 2010 makes it possible for users to create robust applications by enabling them to easily develop highly complex code. Further, coding errors are reduced leading to lesser corruption and users are more productive. It pays to spend some time and money in having a good design for the database. A poorly designed database can have lot of corruption issues that can only be resolved by powerful tools such as DataNumen Access Repair from DataNumen. Working on files that even the Compact and Repair tool cannot fix, this tool not only helps recover MDB data but more importantly restores it in the same structure as in the original, corrupted file.