In this article, we will introduce some Excel tips to make sure the cell contents are always visible.
Excel files can be very useful in processing huge amount of data. But sometimes the default size of cell is not large enough to show all the input contents. Here we will introduce some simple and useful Excel tips to solve the problem.
When you manually input your information into the Excel sheet, you will find the cases as shown below:
The first column is “Student Number” and the third column is “Math Scores”. However, you cannot see the complete phrases in column headers. Besides, you may also wonder whether the student numbers have been shown completely. To eliminate doubt as well as to make the work sheet clearer, here we use the following steps:
- Select the cells you want to edit.
- Right click the mouse.
- In the popup menu, choose the “Format Cells”.
- In the pop-up window, you will see the “Text alignment”.
- In the drop-down menu of “Horizontal”, select “center”.
- In the drop-down menu of “Vertical”, select “center”.
- Select “OK” to save all the settings.
- Put your mouse in the head line of the cells between the two columns.
You can follow us as the picture shows below.
- When you see the shape of mouse is the same as what is shown in the above picture, double click.
The Excel will adjust the cell automatically based on the content width.
- Double click other several columns.
When you have finished all the steps, you will find that the worksheet changed.
All the phrase and scores are in the middle of those cells. Compared with the previous one, this interface is much clearer. You will find that the whole phrase of “Student Number” can be seen. What’s more, you will never have doubt in reading those data.
After adjusting these, you can also make some other settings. Sometimes you may also need to highlight the failing grades or calculate the average score. Excel can also meet your needs. Of course, your daily work involves a lot of information. In handling the needed information, you may encounter some errors or malfunctions. We recommend that you prepare Excel recovery software for a rainy day. After all, data loss will surely delay our work.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com