You can show data and information intuitively in charts in Excel. In this article, we will show you how to show data and information in a radar chart in worksheet.
Among all the types of charts, the radar chart in Excel can show the relationships of different data in a more direct way. The image below shows an ordinary column chart in the worksheet.
Actually there is nothing bad with this ordinary chart. But you can show data in a better way through using the radar chart.
Create a Radar Chart
- Click a cell within the target range. You can also choose the whole range in the worksheet.
- And then click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- After that, click the button “Other Charts” in the toolbar.
- In the drop-down list, choose the radar chart in the “Radar” area.
Then you will see this radar chart in the worksheet. It looks like a circle in the chart with different changes.
In a column chart, you may find that comparing the data in January and December will be hard. But in the radar chart, the two data points will be adjacent. And comparing other sales volume will also be much easier. Thus, your work will be more convenient.
Modify the Radar Chart
If the default setting of the radar chart cannot satisfy you, you can also modify it.
- Right click the axis in the chart.
- And then choose the option “Format Axis” in the pop-up menu.
- In the “Format Axis” window, change the “Axis labels” into “None”.
- Next set the line color and line style for the axis in this window. You can set according to your own preference.
- After that, directly click the gridline in the radar chart. The window will become “Format Major Gridlines”.
- In this window, set the gridlines style according to your need.
- Now you can directly click the data series in the chart. You will see the window “Format Data Series”.
- And then set the special format for the two data series in this window.
- When you have finished the setting, close this window.
At this time, your radar chart must be more beautiful. You can also refer to the image below:
With such an intuitive radar chart in the worksheet, you will certain improve your work efficiency.
Use Tools to Repair Corrupt Excel
When you meet with Excel corruption, you need to repair it as quickly as possible. However, you cannot use some methods without knowing the reasons for the corruption. Consequently, you can use Excel repair application to help you. Equipped with the most advanced algorithm, this tool can quickly figure out the cause and repair corrupted Excel xlsx files quite simply.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair damaged docx and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com