If you have two or more email accounts configured in Outlook and would like to send emails from a specific account, you can use the following method introduced in this article.
For most of us, if having two or more email accounts connected in Outlook, we usually change the sending account manually via “From” field every time when we compose a new email. This method may be cumbersome assuming that we always prefer to send emails from a certain account. Another advisable method is configuring Outlook to always send emails from the selected email account by editing the account’s SMTP server info. Now we will discuss about this issue in detail.
Change the Sending Account When Composing the Email
Provided that you would like to use a different email address only when you need it, you can simply change the sending account via “From” field. As a rule, if you have two or more email accounts, you can easily find and click on “From” button in the message window. From the available drop down list, choose your desired email account as the sending account.
Always Send Emails from a Specific Account
By the above means, you will be required to change the account manually every time. It is troublesome. Therefore, here we will introduce another trick. That is to change SMTP server settings. Please follow the steps below.
- To begin with, go to “File” menu and click on “Account Settings” button.
- Then in the “Account Settings” dialog box, select the email account which you intend to change its default SMTP settings. And click “Change” button.
- Next in the “Change Account” dialog box, you have to take the following steps.
- At first, change the “E-mail Address” field to the address that you would like to always send emails from.
- Then in “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” field, type the SMTP server of the specific email account.
- After that, click “More Settings” button.
- In “Internet E-mail Settings” dialog box, switch to “Outgoing Server” tab and check “Log on using” option.
- Later in the “User Name” box, type the specific email account, such as email@example.com. And input its password.
- Subsequently, click “OK” to back to “Change Account” dialog box.
- Lastly click “Next” button.
- Immediately Outlook will start testing the account settings. After completing, click “Close” button.
- You will receive congratulations for successful account setup. Click “Finish” button to close the wizard and back to Outlook main window.
From now on, Outlook will use the specific email account as the default sending account for all the outgoing emails, including replies, forwards and other new sent items.
What to Do If You Suffer Outlook Corruptions
Outlook corruption is a common issue for regular users. Due to the fact that it is difficult to predict the corruption, you should get to know what to do if you come across it unfortunately. In the first place, you can revert to your backups. If you still wish to repair Outlook file, you can resort to an experienced third party tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair mdf problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com