Using this article reader can learn to invoke Mail Merge from MS access effectively in quick time.
Users can create and print form letters in Microsoft Word using Mail Merge. For example, Employment Contracts, which have fixed employment terms, with changing personal details of the employees like their name, allowance, and contract period etc. which can go on for several pages.
Normally the document needs to be pre-printed where the employees’ details can be printed or hand written. But this information can fill in automatically in the document in the appropriate locations. Users can create an automated action and can print forms for several employees in a single go.
The user just needs to create a Table with all information required in the form, like employees’ personal details, and more. Ensure to design this information in one Mail Merge Word Document, with the standards set according to the employment contract, then just link the Access table to the Word document. Now insert all these personal detail fields accordingly. Run the Merge-print command on the printer.
This function can help in saving a lot of time and energy of the user, especially while running a big organization. As the majority of basic documentation in organization follow a general structure.
Steps to Invoke Mail Merge from MS Access in Quick Time
We will continue explaining this process by taking the above-mentioned example into context.
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Access in your system.
- Step 2: Open a sample database of your organization and import Employees table your database; the database where you want to invoke this information.
- Step 3: Now select the Employee Table from the navigation pane.
- Step 4: Select External Data – – > Export – – > than More – – > and Merge the data with Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word’s Mail-Merge Wizard will open and will offer you two options; either to create a new document or open and work on an existing Word Document and link it with the Employees Table.
Now depending on the option selected by the user, the Employees Table will be linked with the respective document.
- Step 5: Go to Word Menu and Select Mailings > than Insert Merge Fields, in order to display the new linked Employees Table in your database field list.
- Step 6: Now user needs to attach Table’s data field in appropriate locations on the open Document’s body to insert all its contents there. Users can preview the data as they insert in the table on their screen.
- Step 7: Move the insertion point, where you want to place the field contents. Then again go to Mailings > and select Insert Merge Fields.
- Step 8: Repeat the above steps to place more fields in the appropriate locations on the document.
- Step 9: To preview the results, go to Mailing and select Preview Results. Once satisfied with the results, save the changes.
- Step 10: Go to Mailings > Finish & Merge > Print Documents
Note: If Employees Table has 100 records, 100 copies will be printed for that document. The system will print according to the data storage in the table, so ensure to check the data before making the print command.
Invest in a powerful tool that can fix mdb or accdb files to safely deal with incidents of data corruption in MS Access. This is especially needed for businesses using MS Access in their line of business applications.
Vivian Stevens is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and excel recovery software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com