If you need to quickly find out and highlight the table cells containing the specific text in an email, you can use the method shared in this article.
As we all know, to highlight the specific text in an Outlook email, we can simply use the “Find & Replace” feature. However, what to do if you want to highlight the table cells containing the specific text? In that instance, you’ve limited the search scope to the tables only instead of the whole email body. Also, it aims to highlight the table cells instead of the texts. Thus, it’s exceeded what “Find & Replace” can do. But don’t worry. Thereinafter, we will teach you a method to get it. Read on to get its details.
Highlight All Table Cells Containing Specific Text in Email
- At the very beginning, launch Outlook application.
- Then, go to VBA editor window via “Alt + F11”.
- Next, enable “MS Word Object” by following “How to Add an Object Library Reference in VBA“.
- After that, put the following VBA code into an unused module.
Sub HighlightTableCellsContainingSpecificText() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objMailDocument As Word.Document Dim strText 'Get the current email Set objMail = Outlook.Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Set objMailDocument = objMail.GetInspector.WordEditor 'Enter the specific text strText = InputBox("Enter the specific text to be found:", , "DataNumen Outlook Repair") With objMailDocument.Range With .Find .ClearFormatting .Replacement.ClearFormatting .Text = strText .Replacement.Text = "" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindStop .Execute End With 'Highlight the table cells containing the specific text Do Until .Find.Found = False If .Information(wdWithInTable) = True Then .Cells(1).Shading.BackgroundPatternColorIndex = wdPink End If .Collapse wdCollapseEnd .Find.Execute Loop End With End Sub
- Later, follow “Optional Step” introduced in the “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook” to add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar of Message window.
- Finally, you can take a shot.
- First off, open the email which has multiple tables.
- Then, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Next, type the specific text in the popup input box.
- After you clicking “OK”, macro will rapidly find the table cells containing the specific text and highlight them in the predefined color, as shown in the following figure.
Defend Outlook File against Corruption
Have you ever come across any serious issues in your Outlook, like sudden crash or freezing? Under those circumstances, Outlook file is exactly prone to damage. Thus, you should make adequate precautions to prevent them. For instance, you have to keep monitoring your Outlook file health, make regular Outlook backups as well as preparing a potent Outlook repair utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com