If you would like to print out the birthdays in a specific month from your Outlook calendar, you need to apply an advanced filter in the calendar view. This article will introduce the detailed steps.
So as to quickly extract and print our Outlook contacts’ birthdays in the recent months, firstly we should make Outlook to only show these eligible birthdays, and then print them out in normal manner. Fortunately, Outlook indeed has a good performance in view filter. Read on to learn the elaborate operations.
Print Birthdays in a Specific Month
- At the very outset, start Outlook application and turn to Calendar pane by clicking the calendar icon in navigation pane.
- Then switch to “View” tab. Press “Change View” button. From the drop down list, you should select “List” option.
- After that, click on the “View Settings” button next to the “Change View”. A new dialog box of “Advanced View Settings” will pop up.
- In this dialog, you ought to click on “Filter” button.
- Next in the new popup dialog box of “Filter”, you should type “Birthday” in the “search for the word(s)” field on “Appointments and Meetings” tab.
- Later, you should shift to “Advanced” tab and then take the following steps:
- Firstly, you should click the “Fields” and choose “Frequently-used fields” > “Recurrence” from the drop down list.
- Then select “equals” in “Condition” field and choose “Yearly” from the “Value” drop down list.
- And click “Add to List” button to activate the criteria.
- After that, choose “Recurrence Pattern” in the “Field” drop down list.
- Next choose “contains” in “Condition”.
- Later you would be required to specify the months, namely enter the name of the specific month in “Value” field. Shown as the following picture, you can add multiple months by using “OR” to connect them. In addition, you can only type the first letters of the months. It is very convenient.
- Lastly, click “Add to List” button to add the new criteria.
- Now you can click a series of “OK” until all the dialog boxes are closed.
- After returning to Calendar pane, you will see that only the birthdays in the specific months show. Now you can go to “File” menu and turn to “Print” tab. Change the print style to “Table Style” and finally click “Print” button.
Address Outlook Problems Efficiently
Errors and crashes can occur to Outlook at any times. Therefore, users should keep well-prepared for a variety of unanticipated cases. For example, we should make regular Outlook backups, which can help us recover corrupt PST data with ease. If the backup is limited in value in that it is not current, you still can resort to ScanPST, the inbox repair tool. But if both of them fail, your last resort must be taking aid of third party software, like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server file problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com