I’ve heard a lot of complaints about repetitive emails being sent out by Outlook. In this article, we will explore the 3 reasons and relevant effective solutions.
One day, my friends asked me why I always sent several same emails to him. Since then, I particularly noticed this issue. I finally found that the send/receive process in my Outlook always contained a backlog. Thus I take the corresponding measures as followings.
1. Disable Antivirus Software Scanner
Though antivirus software can help us to block viruses or other phishing attacks, actually it also brings several problems to Outlook. For instance, when you install antivirus software on computer, it will integrate itself with Outlook by adding a plugin. With this add-in, antivirus software will scan all items, including outgoing emails. Then copies of emails will be created and may be sent over and over again. Therefore, in such a scenario, it is imperative to disable the virus scanner add-ins.
- Head to “File” menu and click “Options”.
- Switch to “Add-ins” tab and click “Go” button at the bottom on the right side.
- In the popup dialog box, select the target add-in and click the “Remove” button to disable it.
2. Reset Send/Receive Interval
Apart from antivirus scanner, too short send/receive interval can also trigger this error. Just think about it. If your send/receive interval is too short, when the previous sending or receiving process is still going, but the next process has begun. This situation will absolutely lead to repetitive emails. Thus you need to ensure that the interval is long enough for sending and receiving successfully.
- Go to “File” menu and select “Options”.
- Head to “Advanced” tab in “Outlook Options” window.
- Locate “Send and receive” label and click “Send/Receive Groups” button.
- In the new dialog, you can specify the intervals to your likes. It is suggested to set it not lower than ten minutes.
3. Extend Server Timeouts
Provided your email account is an Internet Email instead of an Exchange Server, your account will be loaded with Server Timeouts. This timeout is set as 1 minute as default. Thus if your computer is subject a slow Internet connection, the process of sending emails will be over the timeouts surly. Then sending repetitive emails will occur. Hence in order to avoid this circumstance, you had better to set the server timeouts to a longer time.
- Go to “File” menu and click “Account Settings” button.
- Then pitch on the target email account and press “Change” button.
- In the popup window, click “More Settings” at the lower right corner.
- Finally in the new dialog, switch to “Advanced” tab, where you can modify the server timeouts.
Essential Actions in the Event of Outlook Crashes
As a saying goes, every coin has two sides. The same holds true for Outlook. Despite boasting of numerous capabilities, Outlook may still get compromised easily. Outlook crashes may take place at any time. If encounter a severe crash unfortunately, you should procure a mighty repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair to salvage your cherished data. This tool is especially designed to repair Outlook file. Moreover, due to its high recovery rate, it has earned lots of kudos.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com