In course of a typical day at office you may receive a whole bunch of emails and these may include emails from clients to suppliers and even spam. At times when you are experiencing a deluge of emails, it is likely that you may miss an email sent by someone from your company that needed immediate attention. Now if you are using the Ms Outlook client you can choose to highlight all the internal company emails. Basically the Outlook client can be asked to highlight any email that carries your company’s domain name and all such emails can be marked with a color of your choice too.
Highlighting all internal emails from your company’s domain
- Launch the Ms Outlook application and head to the View tab
- Next depending on the Outlook iteration you are using, move to Conditional formatting choice under View settings.(in earlier editions of Outlook it would come as Automatic Formatting which appears under Arrange By and then Custom option)
- In the screen that shows up click on the Add Button to create a rule
- Once the rule has been selected, in its Properties just type “From @yourcompanyname.com”
- In the very field below it, choose the font and color to your liking, say Ariel pt 10 and red.
- Next click on the Condition button below it. A screen to apply any specific filter opens up. For example if you just to wish to highlight emails that have the word “meeting” in it, you can put in the search field. Essentially a whole set of narrow down options that are typically found in the Advanced Find option of Outlook is available here.
- In case you wish to all emails from your company, do not apply any specific conditions and save the settings.
Once the rule is in place every email from your company domain would be highlighted in the font and color that you have chosen.
Recovering the Contents of an Outlook Inbox after a PST error related crash
In case of the unfortunate event of an Outlook crash triggered due to a PST related issue, retrieving the data stored in your Inbox becomes your first priority. Instead of experimenting with untested methods to recover the data you should directly opt to choose a pst recovery tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair which can assuredly get back your data. Equipped with state of the art PST file recovery algorithm, this powerful tool can deal with a variety of complex challenges. From large PST files to those stored on a removable media, there is rarely any scenario where the application fails to delivery. Moreover the tool is ideally suited for retrieving elements like contacts and journal entries which run of the mill recovery tools are likely to miss out on. It can even be used to dig out the entire marketing data stored in the Business Contact Manager feature of Outlook.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com