In an Excel file, there will be many numbers. And you need to find a special number for your work. Today we will discuss the Excel tips on seeking out the maximum number quickly.
Do you still find the maximum number by your eyes? After you learn the Excel tips in this article, the old method will be your last choice. And here is an example of selecting the best math score from 30 students. Look at this image below:
If you select by looking at the numbers one by one, you will need to rest for several times. And here are the two tips that will make your work more efficiency.
Use the Function of “Max”
First of all, you can use this way to find the maximum number.
- Select a blank cell. We suggest that you select the first blank cell under the column of “Math Scores”.
- Click the arrow next to the button of “Sum” in the Ribbon.
- Click “Max” in the drop-down menu.
And then you will see a formula in the selected cell.
On the other hand, if you select the other cell, you need to add the “C2:C31” manually. Otherwise you couldn’t get the correct result.
- Press the “Enter” on the keyboard. And the maximum number is shown in the cell.
- Press the shortcut key “Ctrl+ F”.
- In the pop-up window, input the number. And here we will input “94”. Hence we know that Tyler do the best.
Use the Function of “Sort”
In addition, different from the previous tip, this method is more convenient.
- Select the column where you want to find your target.
- Then click the button of “Sort & Filter”.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Sort Largest to Smallest”.
- And you will see a new window after the step 3. Then keep the default setting and click “Sort”.
If you select the “Continue with the current selection”, consequently you couldn’t know who get the best score.
After this step, you will see the order change. And Tayler appears in the top of the column.
As a result, the second is better than the first one. But in general, the effect of the Excel tips is the same. Therefore, both of them can meet your need.
Solve Corrupt Excel File
In the process of using Excel, you will probably meet with some data disasters, such as Excel file corruption, data loss and so on. Therefore, you can use the recovery software to repair Excel files. Once you find some problems with Excel, you should try to recover it in case more data will be damaged.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com