If you want to batch replace the images in multiple contacts’ business cards, such as changing the images in the business cards of all contacts in the same company to the company logo, you can use the way introduced in this article.
Generally, to the contacts in the same company, you may want to utilize the same company logo in their business cards. Yet, modifying the images in the business cards of multiple contacts is an arduous and tedious task. Therefore, here we will introduce you another much more efficient and convenient way.
Batch Replace the Images in the Business Cards of All Contacts in the Same Company
- In the first place, launch Outlook VBA editor by “Alt + F11”.
- Then, copy the following VBA code into a module.
Dim objSampleContact As Outlook.ContactItem Sub ReplaceBusinessCardImages_AllContactsInSameCompany() Dim objStore As Outlook.Store Dim objFolder As Outlook.Folder 'Get the model contact whose business card style to be copied to other contacts Set objSampleContact = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) For Each objStore In Outlook.Application.Session.Stores For Each objFolder In objStore.GetRootFolder.Folders If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olContactItem Then Call ProcessContactsFolders(objFolder) End If Next Next End Sub Sub ProcessContactsFolders(ByVal objContactsFolder As Outlook.Folder) Dim i As Integer Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim objSubfolder As Outlook.Folder For i = objContactsFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 If objContactsFolder.Items(i).Class = olContact Then Set objContact = objContactsFolder.Items(i) 'Change the specific company If objContact.CompanyName = "DataNumen, Inc." Then 'Copy the business card style objContact.BusinessCardLayoutXml = objSampleContact.BusinessCardLayoutXml 'Change the path to the picture file objContact.AddBusinessCardLogoPicture ("E:\DataNumen Products\Logo.jpg") objContact.Save End If End If Next 'Process all subfolders recursively If objContactsFolder.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each objSubfolder In objContactsFolder.Folders Call ProcessContactsFolders(objSubfolder) Next End If End Sub
- Next, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar with reference to “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Eventually, follow the steps below to run this macro.
- First off, double click on a contact to open it.
- Then, in the Contact window, double click on the business card.
- In the “Edit Business Card” window, change “Layout” to alter the position of the image in business card.
- Eventually, select this contact and click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- When macro finishes, you can see that the images in the business cards of all the contacts in the same firm have been modified, as shown in the following screenshot.
Evade Outlook Data Loss
Outlook is prone to errors and damage. Thus you have to be careful all the time. A great number of factors are able to let you lose your Outlook data within seconds. For instance, if you accidentally download any virus-infected attachments from suspicious mails, the viruses can directly attack your Outlook file. And then, you will experience Outlook data corruption. In this case, Scanpst is definitely unable to help you. You can only resort to a more powerful utility, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com