Outlook doesn’t offer a direct feature supporting you to export a contact’s business card image, not to mention batch exporting multiple business card images. But, in this article, we will uncover a piece of VBA code, which can realize it with ease.
It is easy to export the contacts from your Outlook to a local folder as text files or vCard files. Yet, at times, you may want to save the contacts’ business card images to the local folder. However, there is not such a native feature for this. Hence, if you want to batch export the business card images of many contacts, you have to seek other means, such as the following one, using VBA code.
Batch Export the Business Card Images of Multiple Contacts
- For a start, launch Outlook VBA editor according to “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Then, put the following code into an unused module.
Sub ExportContactBusinessCardImages() Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim objShell As Object Dim objWindowsFolder As Object Dim strWindowsFolder As String Dim objItem As Object Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem Dim strBusinessCard As String 'Get the selected contacts Set objSelection = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection If Not (objSelection Is Nothing) Then 'Select a Windows folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objWindowsFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Select a Windows folder:", 0, "") If Not objWindowsFolder Is Nothing Then For Each objItem In objSelection If TypeOf objItem Is ContactItem Then Set objContact = objItem 'Save the contact business card images strWindowsFolder = objWindowsFolder.self.Path & "\" strBusinessCard = strWindowsFolder & objContact.FullName & ".jpg" objContact.SaveBusinessCardImage (strBusinessCard) End If Next 'Open the windows folder Shell "Explorer.exe" & " " & strWindowsFolder, vbNormalFocus End If End If End Sub
- Subsequently, exit the VBA editor.
- Later, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar or ribbon.
- Eventually, take the following steps to try this macro.
- First, select the contacts that you want.
- Then, click the macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Next, in the new dialog box, select a target Windows folder and hit “OK”.
- At once, the folder will be displayed, in which you can find the exported business card images, as shown in the following figure.
Salvage Outlook Data after Corruption
Like other software, Outlook can crash from time to time. In the best cases, you’ll find nothing bad occurs to your Outlook. Nevertheless, at its worst, Outlook PST file can become corrupt straightforward. At that time, you have no alternative but to employ a proficient Outlook repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair to fix Outlook file.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql repair and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Leave a Reply