Outlook comes packed with the “Notes” feature. But note items must be in plain text. You cannot set text formatting or append files in them. This article will introduce a workaround to create notes with formatting and attachments.
Outlook Note is the most basic item, which doesn’t support text formatting or attachments. However, sometimes, so as to write down more details, you may hope to create such a note item which has formatting and attachments. Now that Outlook Notes cannot satisfy your needs, you have to look for other approaches.
Outlook Post Items
Outlook permits you to create Post items that have similar functions to the notes items. Also, you can format the texts, insert images and add attachments in the post items at will.
As a rule, to create a new post item, you can select a mail folder in the navigation pane. And then click on “New Items” > “More Items” > “Post in This Folder”.
After that, the new Post item will open up in the new popup window. Now you can type textual notes in the body. Also, you can format the text and attach files as per your needs.
Finally after you click on the “Post” button, you can back to the source mail folder and find this new post. In addition, you can directly view the post details in the reading pane readily, shown as the following screenshot:
Provided that you’ve become more interested in the Post item than note item, we will exhibit 2 methods to make you get quicker access to the New Post items.
Method 1: Create a New Folder in Post Form
- At the outset, right click on the Outlook File in which you get used to creating notes. From the right clicking menu, you need to choose “New Folder”.
- Then the “Create New Folder” dialog box will show up.
- Specify a name for the folder, like “My Notes”.
- Ensure “Mail and Post Items” is selected in “Folder contains” field.
- Lastly click “OK”.
- Next right click on the new “My Notes” folder and select “Properties”.
- In the new dialog box, select “Forms” from the “IPM.Post” drop down list.
- In the subsequent dialog box of “Choose Form”, locate and double click on “Post” option.
- Later click “OK” to close the “Properties” dialog.
- Now, to quickly create new post items, you can straightly double click on the blank space in the “My Notes” folder.
Method 2: Add to Quick Access Toolbar
- Firstly, select “New Items” > “More Items”.
- After locating “Post in This Folder” option, right click on it and choose “Add to Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Now you can rapidly generate a new post item by click on “Post” icon in the Quick Access Toolbar.
Fix Outlook Issues in Time
As we all know, Outlook cannot be immune to issues. So how to fix them in time is the key question. Firstly, you can try to restart Outlook to check if Outlook can dispose of it by itself. If not, diagnose the issue by starting Outlook in safe mode. Also, creating a new mail profile is also an advisable technique. But if the issue is related to Outlook file corruption, the unique approach is to take aid of a repair tool, such as Scanpst.exe and DataNumen Outlook Repair, etc.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL file damage and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com