To welcome a new year, many people tend to proceed with a clean mailbox. In this case, they can archive last year’s messages using rule.
In the past year, we must have stored quantities of emails in our Outlook. We are accustomed to clear up these old emails, by which we can start off to work with a fire-new Outlook mailbox. We needn’t struggle to distinguish new emails from a myriad of older emails any more.
In order to clear up last year’s messages, we can create a new Outlook file for the New Year, and utilize the old Outlook file to store the last year. However, this approach will pose a new challenge, that is, we will be required to re-download everything again, occupying much space of server. In such scenarios, another good approach is recommended, namely we can create a new rule to archive last year’s messages. It permits us not to download old items, and won’t clutter up any contacts or calendars. Moreover, rules and views that we set ago still exist.
Create a New Rule to Archive Last Year’s Messages
- In “Home” page, we should select the “Rules” option in the section of “Move”.
- Click “Manage Rules and Alerts”.
- Click “New Rule” button. Then a new window of “Rule Wizard” will crop up.
- Select “Apply Rule on Messages I Receive”, and click “Next”.
- In “Step 1: select conditions”, choose “received in a specific data span”.
- In “Step 2: Edit the rule description”, click on “received in a specific data span” in blue, which will open a new interface of “Date Received”.
- Tick “Before” option, then set the date to the January 1st of the New Year. Next click “OK” to save the setting. And click ‘Next”.
- Later we would be required to select an action. Hence select “Delete it” and click “Next”.
- Neglect the step of selecting exceptions. Click “Next”.
- Click “Finish” button to complete and save the new rule.
As long as we activate the rule, the older emails than the set date will be deleted when Outlook attempts to download the existing emails.
Solutions to Outlook Corruptions
If frequent PST errors can be left aside, Outlook application may be near perfect, boasting of many capabilities. Inevitably, as mounting data are stored in Outlook, Outlook will become much more prone to corruption. Betweenwhiles PST files may be imperiled by various system malfunction or software faults. Once we encounter this troublesome circumstance, we should select an apt PST repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair to mitigate the damage and retrieve the PST files.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com