Sometimes, especially while working on group projects it becomes necessary to add the time stamp to the subject line of an email so that a receiver is aware of sequence of emails he is receiving from different individuals. Now the Ms Outlook application does not include the same in the subject line by default. To include the auto time field, please follow the steps mentioned below.
Adding the Time field in Subject Line Using a Custom Form
In this article we are taking Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2010 as reference. However such a custom form can be designed in older editions like the Outlook 2003 iteration.
- To start with you need to create a New Message in Outlook
- Once the New Message window comes up you need to hit the Design this Form option on the top developer bar
- In the design window you need select the Subject element box and then right click to bring in the Properties option.
- In the subsequent screen that shows up, go to the third tab called Value tab and move to the section labeled as Initial
- From there choose the Edit option and it place the Now() formula which bring out the current time
- Next you have to publish the email form with an appropriate name, say timestamp email.
Once the form template has been published and saved in Personnel Forms library, whenever you need to send an email with a timestamp, just select the said form and time would come up automatically. The process to choose the form is given out in the following steps.
- Go the Developer tab and then hit on Choose Form choice
- Next you need to opt for looking the library folder when the subsequent screen shows up
- Select the form that you had previously created and then hit on Open
- A New email message will come into the picture with date and time included in the subject line.
Saving your emails from an potential Outlook crash
Nearly every Outlook user who has been an avid fan of the application over the last few years would agree that the application does have the uncanny habit of throwing up pretty inane error messages or crashing altogether. Some of these cases can be serious, especially if they involve PST file corruption issues. Now if you are looking for an assured way to save your emails from a potential Outlook crash, you need to actively consider investing in a pst repair utility like DataNumen Outlook Repair. This versatile tool is capable of recovering Outlook data from most thoroughly botched up data files and can complete the recovery process in quick time. Moreover if you have ended up backing your Outlook files on a flash media drive that got compromised, you can still use this tool to get back your data.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com