Outlook Error 0x8004210A refers to “The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server”. Obviously, it usually appears when you send or receive emails in Outlook. This article will look at its roots and relevant measures.
It is known that assorted Outlook errors are haunting regular users for a long time. Outlook error “The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server” is one of the send/receive errors. From this perspective, we can easily conclude the following tips.
1. Verify if Your Computer Can Access the Internet
First of all, you need to check whether your computer is truly accessing the Internet or not. Open Internet Browse, type a website in address bar and press “Enter”. If the website opens easily, computer is connected to Internet. But if not, you should proceed to deal with the Internet issues. But provided it is not due to network connection problem, you should take other measures.
2. Remove the Suspicious Emails from Your Mailbox
Moreover, the damaged email messages stuck in your mailbox will also affect the sending and receiving process in Outlook, and even lead to corruption of Outlook file. Thus if you can recognize the corrupt messages, log on the web-based mailbox to delete them right now.
3. Increase Your Account Server Timeouts Interval
- Go to “File” menu and click “Account Settings” button.
- Then select the target account and click “Change”.
- Next hit “More Settings” in the new window.
- Finally in the popup dialog, switch to “Advanced” tab, under which you can increase the server timeout.
4. Disable Antivirus Scanner
Besides, you should also notice that antivirus software integration with Outlook can result in this error, too. It is because every time the emails are sent or received, the software will assuredly scan all the emails, which will delay and even terminate the sending/receiving process. Thus you ought to disable the scanner, irrespective of in Outlook add-ins or the program itself.
5. Recreate Your Email Account
In addition, this error will occur to Outlook when your email account is damaged. Hence you can recreate the email account to check if the problem persists.
- Exit Outlook and go to “Control Panel”.
- Then choose “Mail” applet.
- Next in the popup dialog, click “Email Accounts”.
- In the subsequent window, select the target account and click “Remove”.
- Finally click “Add” and follow the instructions to re-add the email account.
6. Repair Outlook Program
What’s more, compromised Outlook program is also a crucial factor to be thought about. You can attempt to repair it via repairing Office. Go to “Control Panel”. And click “uninstall programs”. Then in the following screen, pitch on Microsoft Office and hit “Change” button. Finally in the new window, select “repair” and click “Continue”.
7. Check Outlook File’s Integrity by Scanpst.exe
We’ve mentioned that damaged messages in mailbox above. Actually sometimes, even if you remove them, the Outlook error will exist as well, due to the fact that they have thoroughly ruined the Outlook file. Therefore, it is essential to check the Outlook file’s integrity, which can be realized by Outlook inbox repair tool, Scanpst.exe. You can search “Scanpst” in windows explorer to locate it with ease. After locating and launching it, click “Browse” to select the target Outlook file and press “Start” finally.
8. Utilize Third Party Software
Virtually Scanpst.exe is not adequate enough to repair the seriously corrupted Outlook file. In this case, you can still resort to credible third party software, like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can easily scan and figure out the inner errors. Eventually it will get back maximum data to you without any hassle.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com