Every time when receiving new messages in Outlook, we could see popup new mail alerts. If it’s missing, how can we get back it?
From my perspective, I really appreciate new mail alerts very much. It is thanks to it that I have never missed any important messages. When there are new emails coming into my Inbox, I will be absolutely informed with seeing the alerts at the bottom right corner of Desktop. I nearly cannot imagine about my possible losses in businesses without it.
However, I discovered a trouble recently. I have created a rule to move messages from some specific senders to a particular folder. The reason why I move them is that these messages are of great importance. But with this rule of moving, Outlook does not inform me of these special messages, which is undoubtedly a nightmare to me. In attempt to change this situation, I have to create another rule to recover new mail alert. Here are concrete steps.
Creating a Rule to Retrieve Missing New Mail Alerts
- In the first place locate and click “Rule” in “Move” ribbon. And select “Manage Rules & Alerts” option. After a new window of “Rules and Alerts” pops up, click “New Rule”.
- In the section of “Step 1”, we should choose “Apply rule on messages I receive” and click “Next”.
- Then pull the scrolling bar to find and select two recommended items, which respectively are “Where my name is in the Ccbox” and “on this computer only”. And click “Next” to select actions.
- Still pull the scrolling bar to locate and pitch on the final item – “display a Desktop Alert”. Besides, we could also set a sound for the alert. Select to “play a sound” and click on “sound” in blue. Next just specify the sound.
- Finally click two “Next”, “Finish” and “OK” to save the rule.
Since completed the above steps, we have succeeded in retrieve missing new mail alert. If we haven’t set any exceptions in “Rule Wizard”, the rule will be pointed at all messages so that it may be annoying if we always receive alerts about the unimportant emails. Therefore, we had better set some exceptions in advance.
Taking Essential Actions in Case of Outlook Corruptions
It is apparent that Outlook Rule is very beneficial for users. Nevertheless, no rules can prevent Outlook corruptions. If users have a bad habit of exiting Outlook application improbably, Outlook will be pretty prone to corruptions. Once it gets damaged, users have to take necessary actions immediately to repair Outlook. For instance, utilize some specialized repair tool such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, by which users must be able to get a restored Outlook file with minimum data loss.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com