At times you may want to preserve the exact formatting of your Word document, you can accomplish this by converting you Word document to pictures.
The need to convert a Word documents to pictures arises when there is a necessity to lock it, as so to prevent it from being edited. Other circumstances are that some of your readers may not have the same unusual font installed on their computers, or sometimes you don’t have the same Word versions. In such scenarios, you may wish to convert or save a document in PNG, JPG, GIF or other formats. Also, saving Word document as images can make you transfer or read document much easier. Herein, we will mention 4 tricky ways to convert your Word documents into pictures.
Method 1: Utilize Screen Shots to Snap a Sample Picture
The simplest way to save your document as a picture is to utilize screen shots, which is an excellent way to quickly snap a sample picture of your page. However, you may need to sacrifice image definition using this method.
- With your Word document in the foreground, zoom in or zoom out and scroll until what you want to save as a picture is visible on your screen. And then press “Print Screen” on your keyboard, which will save the picture onto the clipboard
- Go to Paint and press “Ctrl + V” to paste the picture. Then you can crop and resize it, and finally save it in any of a variety of image formats.
Method 2: Paste Some of the Texts to a Painting Tool
If you just need to capture some of the page content, you can adopt a simple way to save it as a picture. The detailed steps are as follows.
- Press “Ctrl + C” to copy the content in your Word that you want to convert to pictures.
- You can then import the resulting image into a number of applications, such as a paint tool in your computer. Go to Paint, and then press “Ctrl + V” to paste it here.
- The next step is to save it as a picture, click “File” button, and select “Save as”. And then you can choose the picture format you want to save it as, for example, here we select “JPEG picture”.
Method 3: Insert Document as an Object to Capture the First Page
Sometimes, your document may contain only one page, such as a resume. To convert this kind of document, you can refer to the method in this section.
- Open up a new Word window, and switch to “Insert” tab, and then click “Insert Object”.
- In the subsequent dialog box, select “Create from File” tab, and then click “Browse”.
- Another dialog box comes up, where you can select the document that you want to convert to a picture. And then click “Insert”.
- In this way, you can convert the first page of the selected document to a picture. Then you can save the picture to the place you like.
- Press “Ctrl + C” to copy the picture. Then go to Paint and press “Ctrl + V” to paste the picture here. Click “File” and click “Save as”, then you can save it in any of a variety of image formats.
Alternatively, by directly dragging the document that we wish to convert to a picture to the new Word document, we can accomplish the same thing. And the following video shows how to do it in detail.
Method 4: “Print” Your Document to Snagit Printer to Capture all Pages
If you have Snagit Editor on your computer, you can also “print” your document to the Snagit printer, which will render each page as a separate image. Then you can save these pictures in any graphic format. Moreover, using this method, you will be able to capture all the pages.
- Switch to “File” page and then click “Print”, click the drop-down list under “Printer”, and choose “Snagit 12”.
- Make sure you select “Print All Pages” under “settings”. And then click “Print”.
- Just wait for a few seconds, and we will jump to Snagit automatically. And you can click the button on the bottom of the page to jump to other pictures.
- Then you can save the picture to another place in your computer. First click “File” and then click “Save As”, you can select here the desired format. For example, we can save it as “Standard Format”.
Alternatively, if you have installed OneNote or PDF printer on your computer, you can also choose them to “print” your document to. Of course, you can repeat the procedure above to achieve that, and the only difference is to change the option in the drop-down list under “Printer”.
Repair Your Damaged Word in Quick Time
All in all, we can convert our Word document to images via various approaches. Undoubtedly, Word is the most welcomed Word processing tool in vogue today. But quite expectedly, it comes with a number of features and some flaws too. For example, Word frequently suffers from spyware and virus attacks. In view of this, a specialized external repair tool is recommended for common users or corporate alike to recover word. Owing to its numerous features that are aims to retrieve data from word files, this tool will recover maximum data possible with effortless ease.
Kelly Zhao is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com