You must have known how to create tasks for yourselves. What about creating tasks for others? In this article, I will introduce how to assign task to other people.
It is known that Outlook can not only be an email client but also our private assistant. We can create appointments and tasks in Outlook, and add reminders for them, such that Outlook will inform us in time. In such scenarios, we won’t miss any important schedules. Actually apart from creating tasks for ourselves, we can assign task to others as well.
Steps to Assign Task
- In “Home” ribbon of “Tasks” page, you should click “New Task”. Alternatively, you can make use of a hotkey, “Ctrl + Shift + K” to create a new task. If you’ve finished the task in advance, you can directly open it.
- In New Task window, you should find and click “Assign Task” button in the ribbon of “Manage Task”. Then many fields pertaining to task assignment will show up.
- In “To” field, you can enter your desired contacts. And in “Subject” field, you should fill in a suitable one. As for the start date, due date, status and priority, you can specify them as per your needs.
- After entering all essential information, you can just click “Send” button to deliver the task to the recipient. You can check the copy of this task in your To-Do bar.
Notes about Task Assignment in Outlook
- If you want to set the task to repeat at a regular periods, you can click the “Recurrence” button. Then in the popup dialog, you can specify recurrence pattern as well as its range.
- Besides, you should note that with a recurrence, the copy of task will never update. As you can see, the option – “Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list” is grayed out.
- You can select the option – “Send me a status report when this task is complete”. Thereafter, you will receive a report as soon as the task is finished.
- Furthermore, you can click “Follow Up” button and select “Add Reminder” to create a reminder for recipient.
Restore Compromised Outlook Files
Task is one of important elements in Outlook. It can assist us to remember vital tasks via reminders. However, sometimes reminders may stop working as well, which is only one of Outlook errors. If you have applied Outlook for a long time, you must have encountered assorted errors, some of which can entirely destroy Outlook files. Don’t panic. You can utilize a powerful repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair, to restore corrupted Outlook files. This tool can scan and repair Outlook in a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com