Excel has many powerful features that attract people to use it. And today we will introduce two ways to set color to alternate rows or columns in Excel.
Excel is usually used to store and analyze data and information. And it is sometimes difficult for us to read the data in white color. Therefore, you can add different colors into different rows and columns. And with different color in different rows or columns, it is much easier for you to see the information in a big worksheet. But adding colors one by one is very time consuming. Thus, you can use the following ways to insert color to alternate rows in Excel. And here we will use the example student scores worksheet.
Method 1: Using Conditional Formatting
- Press the shortcut key of “Ctrl + A” on the keyboard to select the target area.
- Then click the button of “Conditional Formatting” on the “Home” ribbon.
- And in the drop-down list, select the option of “New Rule”.
- In the new window, select the last option “Use a formula to determine which cells to format”.
- In the text box, input this formula: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0. As for columns, change the “ROW” into “COLUMN”.
- And then click the “Format” in the window.
- And then in the new pop-up window, click the “Fill” option.
- Then choose a color you need.
- Click “OK”.
- In the “New Formatting Rule”, click “OK”. And then you will see the result.
It is much clear and you will not make a mistake easily according to the color.
Method 2: Creating a Table
Compared with the former method, this way is more easily.
- Press the shortcut key of “Ctrl + A”.
- Press the shortcut key of “Ctrl + T”
- In the new window, click “OK”. And then a table with format will appear.
- And if you don’t want to create a table, right click the area.
- And in the menu, put the cursor on the “Table”.
- Then click “Convert to Range”.
- And in the new pop-up window, click “Yes”. And then the table will disappear. And the format of color is still there.
Measures to Excel File Corruption
In using Excel, you will sometimes meet with the Excel corruption. And those data disasters can happen due to many different reasons. Therefore, preparing an Excel repair tool is very necessary. And this tool specializes in handling with Excel file corruption due to various problems. As a result, you will never worry about losing all your important data stored in Excel files.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com