If you want to create a new empty Outlook file with the current mailbox folder structure, you can apply the method in this article.
I have utilized Outlook to send and receive emails for a long time. My Outlook mailbox has been filled with countless items, which is too big to manage. Therefore, I am suggested to use another PST file. But in my current mailbox, I’ve customized several folders that can make mailbox in neat order. I hope that the new file can hold the same folders as well. Finally I take the following 2 steps to make it come true.
Step 1: Archive Current Mailbox Folders without Any Items
- At the very outset, go to “File” menu and click “Cleanup Tools” button on “Info” tab. From the dropdown list, you should select “Archive” option. A new dialog box will show up.
- In this dialog, you should select specific folder whose structure you would like to copy.
- Then you are required to specify the date in “Archive items older than”. You must set a long-time-ago date, such that archiving will move your items.
- Next you should specify the location of archived files as per your desires. You can click “Browse” to make deep specifications.
- Finally click “OK” to enable the Archive function.
When the archive is finished, you can open it in Outlook program and discover that all the original folders remain but no items. Therefore, you can just utilize this Outlook file. Hence you should set it as default data file, such that all new emails can land into it.
Step 2: Set the Archived Outlook File as New Default File
- To begin with, you should head to “File” menu and click “Account Settings” button.
- Then in the new window of “Account Settings”, you should switch to “Data File” tab.
- Next click “Add” button. Locate and select the archived file. Click “OK” then.
- After adding it to Outlook successfully, you should press “Set as default” button. Click “OK” to return to Outlook.
- Finally click “X” icon in the upper right corner to exit Outlook properly and restart it.
Repair Compromised PST File
It is known that Outlook is vulnerable to corruption. Once Outlook gets corrupted, the PST file will be at risk absolutely. Therefore, it is important for us to make clear how to repair compromised PST file. First of all, you can utilize inbox repair tool, Scanpst.exe. If it doesn’t work, you have to require the help of a proficient external repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can scan and repair PST files in a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com