RSS Feeds will update according to their publisher recommended update frequency, such that they will update frequently, which may affect your workings in Outlook. This article will teach you how to customize their update frequency as per your needs.
Thanks to RSS Feeds, I can get various subscribed newsletters without needs to open the corresponding news websites. However, I notice that they update too frequently, which doesn’t fit for me. In order to change their update frequency, I take the following 2 steps.
Step 1: Disable the Publisher Update Recommendation of RSS Feeds
- For a start, go to “File” menu in after Outlook starts.
- Then under ‘Info” tab, click “Account Settings” button. From its drop down list, choose “Account Settings” as well.
- In the new popup dialog box of “Account Settings”, switch to “RSS Feeds” tab.
- Next select the RSS Feeds whose update frequency you would like to specify. And click “Change” button above.
- Later a new window of “RSS Feeds Options” will arise. You should move to the last option – “Update Limit”. And deselect the “Use the publisher update recommendation” item.
- Finally click “OK”, close “Account Settings” dialog box, and back to Outlook.
Step 2: Customize Update Frequency of RSS Feeds
- At the beginning, in Outlook main page, move to “Send/Receive” ribbon.
- Then in the section of “Send/Receive”, click “Send/Receive Groups”. And then from the popup list, choose “Define Send/Receive Groups” option.
- In the new dialog box of “Send/Receive Groups”, press “new” button firstly, and then specify a name for this new group, such as “RSS Feeds”.
- Next another new dialog box will show up.
- In “Accounts” list, switch to “RSS” at first.
- And then enable “Include RSS Feeds in this Send/Receive group” option.
- Next from the Feeds list, select the Feed whose update frequency you want to change.
- Lastly, click “OK”.
- Later you will back to the “Send/Receive Groups” dialog box. Pitch on “RSS Feeds” group and then turn to the following “Settings”.
- Select “Schedule an automatic…” and then specify the minutes.
- Optionally, you could specify the automatic update frequency when Outlook is offline as well.
- Eventually click “Close” button.
Henceforth, the select RSS Feed will be updated automatically according to your scheduled update frequency.
Preserve Outlook from Virus Assaults
Nowadays, with the advent of email borne viruses, it is increasingly difficult to recognize the viruses. Thus it’s prudent to disable Outlook auto downloading pictures. Besides, we should beware of all emails from unknown addresses. Also, getting hold of a remarkable repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, is a matter of necessity. This tool can come into your rescue when you encounter an unexpected crash, thereby extracting maximum Outlook data for you.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com