With mounting emails stored in Outlook, it may be difficult for us to find desired ones. This article will share 2 rapid methods with you.
Nowadays, Outlook has become the most popular email client in the market. Not only can it serve as a standalone email client, but also it is capable of arranging schedules like a private assistant. Owing to its quantities of capabilities, Outlook has stood way ahead of its peers.
In most situations, we use Outlook to send and receive emails. Therefore, so as to keep Outlook’s good performance , users should have all emails in neat order. It can help us not only prevent unavoidable errors, but also make it more convenient for us to find our desired emails among multiple items. Of course, if you aren’t accustomed to unclogging mailbox, another two simple methods can assist you to search out target emails rapidly. Now I will introduce them respectively.
Create a Custom Search Folder for Desired Emails
- Click the “Search Folder” item and “New Search Folder” option.
- Then in the new popup dialog, select the preferred folder type listed in the box. If no preferred types, we can pull the scrolling bar to select the final one – “Create a Custom Search Folder”.
- Next click the “Choose” button, which will open another dialog.
- In this subsequent dialog, we need to name it, and click “Criteria” button.
- Later another dialog box of “Search Folder Criteria” will arise, in which we can specify our search requirements under three different tabs.
- Finally click several “OK” to save the search folder.
As long as we have set the criteria correctly, after returning to Mail pane, we can certainly see all of our desired emails will be located in the custom folder.
Filter to Find Selected Emails
- In “Home” ribbon, click “Filter Email” in the second of “Find”.
- Then from the drop-down list, we can select filter requirements as per our needs, such as unread, with attachments, flagged or time division and so on.
- Besides, click “More Filter” will make Search Tool display. In “Search Tool” ribbon, there are more search options for us.
How to Retrieve Corrupt PST files
Though proficient in managing emails, contacts as well as schedules, Outlook cannot get rid of damage. Maybe this is the deadly flaw. Various factors may lead to Outlook corruptions, such as power outages, abrupt shutdown and malicious attacks, etc. Under these circumstances, Outlook inbox repair tool, Scanpst.exe, cannot be up to Outlook recovery. Hence, taking aid of an external tool is the unique method. DataNumen Outlook Repair is highly recommended, not only due to its high recovery rate but also its time-saving feature.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com