When you synchronize your mobile phone with the Outlook on your Outlook on the desktop, with software such as ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center, sometimes you will lose some emails and other items. The original emails and items are deleted from the Outlook on the desktop, but do not appear in your mobile phone. This occurs due to the following reasons:
- Errors occurs in the synchronization process. For example, due the network connection error, the items are deleted from the desktop but are not transferred to mobile phone properly.
- The defect of the synchronization software. For example, ActiveSync may delete the contacts on your desktop Outlook but not transfer them to your mobile phone.
In such a case, you can still recover the lost emails and items via DataNumen Outlook Repair, as follows:
- Go to your desktop computer.
- Select the PST file for your Outlook on the desktop computer, as the source PST file to be repaired.
- Set the output fixed PST file name if necessary.
- Repair the source Outlook PST file. DataNumen Outlook Repair will scan and recover the emails and other items lost during to the synchronization between your mobile phone and the desktop computer.
- After the repair process, you can use Outlook to open the fixed PST file and find all the lost emails and other items are restored to their original locations.
- If you cannot find the items in the locations where they are stored, then you can try to find them with the following methods:
|| Find them in the "Recovered_Groupxxx" folders. The lost items may be treated as lost & found items, which are recovered and put in folders called "Recovered_Groupxxx" in the fixed PST file.
||If you know some properties of the wanted items, for example, the subject of the email, some keywords in the email body, etc., then you can take these properties as the search criterias, and use the Outlook search function to search for the wanted items in the whole fixed PST file. Sometimes, the lost items may be recovered and put in other folders or folders with arbitrary names. With the Outlook search function, you can easily find them.
- You may notice duplicate undeleted items in the "Recovered_Groupxxx" folders. Please just ignore them. Because when Outlook stores an item, it may make some duplicate copies implicitly. DataNumen Outlook Repair is so powerful that it can recover these implicit copies as well and treat them as lost & found items, which are recovered and put in folders called "Recovered_Groupxxx" in the fixed PST file.