Normally, these files are kept in the installation directory; for users of Windows NT:
C:\Winnt\Profiles\"user name"\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail
and for users of Windows 95 or Windows 98:
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\"username"\mail
Note: If the file isn't in that location, it may have been installed in another area. In that case, you can use the "Search" function in Windows to find the .mbx files, as follows:
1. Click "Start" menu
2. Click "Search" menu item and then "For Files and Folders"
3. Input *.mbx as the search criterion.
4. Click "Search Now" to find all .mbx files on your local disk.
5. In "Search Results", repair the corresponding .mbx files with DataNumen Outlook Express Repair.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
DataNumen Outlook Express Repair(DOER) is a powerful tool to recover emails from corrupt dbx...
The only difference between these two products is that they use different source data, as...
DataNumen Outlook Express Repair supports to repair Microsoft Outlook Express 4.x mbx files and...
Outlook Express 5/6 stores all messages of a mail folder in a corresponding .dbx file. For...
dbt files are simply the temporary version of dbx files. If your Outlook Express crashes and you...