In this article, we have addressed how user can use label margins in MS Access
A good designed and structured Report or Form is more likely to catch the eyes of the onlookers than a plain bland data record. All organizations, businesses, and programmers design them. But the problem with assigning different people to design the same Report or Form is that they are going to design them according to their preferences and taste unless they are all using the same default wizards.
Some users might focus on the information stored in a report, and their structure and order, but it is also important to make it presentable in a given time. If you put the right amount of effort in the report, it is likely to pay you back. As the office reports travel from place to place via Emails or faxes. And if compared to other reports your masterpiece is able to impress your boss. Fortunately, MS Access offers multiple designing tools which can make your forms and reports strikingly beautiful.
Now let’s talk about some of these properties offered by label margins in MS Access
- Wizards come with a default formatting, which maintains (Font, style, text, size) ratio of the content, saving a good amount of time. Users can also modify them according to their requirements. Users can also insert tables, graphs etc in their reports to make them more comprehensible.
- For changing the values in the Sheet users need to select View and then open its properties.
- Users can also align the text in their reports by selecting Format > Align > Left/Right/Center. The heading or the name of the company should be placed in the center, whereas the subject of the report should be aligned from the left side.
- Users can also insert Borders or Headers in the report. They can change the color, structure of the type of line, by going in the properties of the report.
- Users can also insert and edit the thickness of the margin in their reports. Margins promote better division structure, separating headings from detail section. In order to change the Property value of their Header Label, users can go to the properties of Top Margin and change its value to their desired size.
Note: Users can make any changes in their forms or reports using label margins. However, these changes should be able to present the essence of the content present in the database. Like any other report, it is important, that it is structured with a futuristic and professional outlook, as it is likely to be used in the future for inserting new data or entries in it. It is also important that size of the headings and the subheading is differentiated and highlighted so that it becomes easier for the readers to locate different sections of the reports. A good report is one which contains all the necessary research work, in an organized way which can be understood by even an amateur. A well-designed report conveys the meaning of the content 10 times more efficiently to the users compared to plain report without any categorizations or division of paragraphs.
Every business user of MS Access needs to keep in place contingency plans to deal with a corrupted Access database. So if you too are using MS Access for business, do ensure you do regular backups and have powerful recovery tool DataNumen Access Repair handy.
Vivian Stevens is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql fix and excel recovery software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com