In order to record the sender’s email addresses in Excel, many people used to write down them one by one. It will be an arduous task. This article will teach you how to export the target addresses from a certain mail folder to Excel.
Recently I’ve sent out several questionnaires. And multiple people send the feedbacks to me. In order to gather the statistics about these senders, I need to take records of their email addresses firstly. With the help of “Export” feature in Outlook, I accomplish this task in quick time. Here are my concrete steps.
Export Senders’ Email Addresses from Inbox Folder to Excel File
- At the beginning, you should launch Outlook program.
- Then go to “File” menu and click “Import” button under “Open” tab.
- A new dialog box of “Import and Export Wizard” will pop up, in which you need to select “Export to a file” option and click “Next” to move on to the next step.
- Next in the dialog of “Export to a file”, you have to select “Comma Separate Values” and press “Next” button.
- In the subsequent screen, you need to select the target folder to export the senders’ email addresses from, such as Inbox or other customized mail folder. After that, click “Next” button.
- Later you will come into the third screen of “Export to a file”.
- Click “Browse” button.
- Another new window will appear, in which you are required to select a destination folder to save the exported file, such as Desktop, and assign a name to it. Click “OK”.
- After returning to “export to a file” dialog, click “Next”.
- In the fourth interface of “Export to a file”, you should click “Map Custom Fields” button.
- In the new dialog box of “Map Custom Fields”, you should take the following steps:
- Firstly, you should press “Clear Map” button to remove all the default mapped fields.
- Then find “From (Address)” in the “Value” list.
- Next drag and drop it to “Field” box.
- Finally click “OK” to save the mapping.
- Eventually click “Finish” button. Outlook will begin the export progress.
After finishing the above steps, you can go to the previously set destination folder to find out the CSV file, which will be stored in Excel. You can double click to open it. You will see the all senders’ email addresses are listed in order. Now you could add the name for these email addresses in Excel and then use “Import” feature in Outlook to import the addresses as well.
With Respect to Senders
There are several warnings involved with the senders. Before opening the email attachments or clicking the embedded links, everyone should verify if you know the senders. Never readily trust in those unknown email senders. Otherwise, your Outlook will suffer virus infection or malware attacks. In that case, ScanPST won’t be a lot of help. You have to take aid of more powerful tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can repair Outlook and extract maximum data without any ado.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com