Except for importing and analyzing data and information, you can also set up charts to help you better study the information. Therefore, today we will introduce how to use clustered column in Excel.
Different from the tables in Excel, charts leave people with a more intuitive impression. Through charts, you can easily judge the tendency in certain area. One of the most used charts is the clustered column. And now we will introduce some characteristics about it.
Insert a Clustered Column
It is very easy to insert a clustered column.
- Select the area where you want to create a clustered column of it.
- In the tab of “Insert” on the ribbon, click the button “Column”. And then you will see many options of different columns.
- In the menu, click the first option “Clustered Column”. And then the clustered column will be created.
Select Data according to Your Need.
Now that you have set up your clustered column, you can analyze the data and information in the column. There are many data in a year, so sometimes you may need to analyze the information in a certain area. For example, you only need to know the tendency of the second half of the year. And you can choose the data manually.
- When your cursor is on the column, there will be a tab of “Chart Tool”. Thus in the design tab, click the button of “Select Data”.
- Then the window “Select Data Source” will pop up.
Now, you can move your mouse to select the area of data, or you can manually input the area into the area into the text box “Select Data Source”.
- Click “OK” and you will find that the data in the column changes.
There are only six months in the column. Therefore, if you need to choose other months, you can also click the button.
Insert Chart Title and Axis Titles into the Column
Sometimes there will be many charts in a worksheet. Thus, you need to add chart title into the clustered. And for the horizontal and vertical axis, you can also add the titles to identify the classifications.
- Click the “Layout” tab in the “Chart Tools”.
- In the ribbon, you can see that there are two buttons of Chart Title and Axis Titles.
In each of the button, you can also choose different types of titles. And you can set according to your actual need.
Unexpected Excel File Corruption
Although the features in Excel are very powerful, sometimes some malicious virus can still damage it. Most of the time, the Excel corruption can suddenly happen and cause great inconvenience to you. Therefore, a third party tool can be a good helper to you. The ability to fix Excel has already got a stellar reputation in the world.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com