Email today has become the primary means of communication in business and a fancy alias has a higher recall value. Essentially such alias appears before your email ID in the recipients Inbox and can be easily noticed. For example an alias such “CEO my-firm” is most likely to be picked up and replied to rather than say “James@my-firm.com”. In this article we will look at settings changes that would allow you to send an email with an alias. Once you achieve this even the message header would show the alias before email ID.
Changing Account Settings to Set an Alias
- Launch the Ms Outlook application
- Depending on your version, move into the Account Settings. Typically it would appear under File >> Tools
- Once Account Settings screen is before you, you need to first choose the account you wish to modify, from the Email tab, and hit the Change button
- In the subsequent screen, you need change the content placed in the Name box and place name that you wish to be carried as Alias
- Now you need to click on More Settings that appear in the right bottom screen
- In the subsequent screen that pops up you need to go to the first General tab
- Under Mail account label change the name to the Alias you prefer
- Once done click the Next button and then hit the Finish button to complete process.
Note: When you save the change, Outlook may try to test the Account settings. Hence under the Change Account screen, that incidentally appears in step 4, you need to uncheck the box placed next to “Automatically test Account Settings …..”
Disregarding PST errors can lead to a catastrophe
While using the Ms Outlook application at times you may come across an error message that mentions an issue with the underlying PST data file. Ignoring such emails can cause a catastrophe as most of these errors are precursors to a complete Outlook crash and data corruption. So it is always advisable to install a pst repair utility like the much vaunted DataNumen Outlook Repair that can deal with the most challenging incidents of PST corruption. Moreover the tool is also gifted in recovering data from a PST files stored on an Iomega disk or a Norton ghost image or Windows Backup file. This versatile tool can also be used to managed the size of your Inbox file and split it according to date of the emails received. You can even choose to split the files by the size of the files. When it comes to controlling the recovery process the tool is way ahead of its peers. It offers you the capacity to manage the scan and output process as per your requirements and its neat user interface is a pleasure to use.
Alan Chen is President & Chairman of DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com/products.htm