By default, deleted items in Outlook are sorted by received date. But when you try to get back an accidentally deleted item, you will find that it has been buried among a deluge of deleted items. So why not sort the deleted items by deleted date ?
In order to keep my Inbox clean, I have the habit to delete the useless emails on a regular basis. But sometimes I may make mistakes, such as deleting a useful email negligently. To avert the bad circumstance that I cannot figure out my accidentally deleted item, I always sort my deleted items by deleted date instead of received. The concrete steps are as below.
Sort Deleted Items by Deleted Date
- For a start, you need to start Outlook and pitch on the Deleted Items folder.
- Then switch to “View” tab, under which you ought to click “View Settings” button.
- A new dialog box of “Advanced View Settings” will pop up. Just click on the first button – “Columns”.
- Next another dialog box of “Show Columns” will show up. Take the following steps:
- Firstly, set “Select available columns from” to “Date/Time fields”.
- Then from the left “available columns” list, you should select “Modified”.
- And click “Add” button in center, adding “Modified” to the right columns list.
- Click “Move Up” button to place “Modified” column at the top of the list.
- Lastly, click “OK” to save the changes to the column.
- After the above steps, you will be back to “Advanced View Settings”. Press “Sort” button please.
- The dialog box of “Sort” will appear. In it, carry out the operations below:
- At first, click the down arrow in “Select available fields from” field at the bottom of the dialog box. From the popup list, choose “Date/Time fields”.
- Then from the drop down list of “Sort items by”, choose “Modified”.
- Ultimately, click “OK” button.
- Eventually click “OK” button to close the “Advanced View Settings” dialog.
Henceforth, all the deleted items will be sorted by deleted date instead of received date. In this situation, the items which you deleted by accident just now will absolutely be at the top of the list. Therefore, it will be much more convenient for you to find them among the crowded items.
Never Despise Regular Backups for Outlook Data
In many users’ mind, making backups regularly will be a troublesome matter, which does waste their time and energy. However, they ignore a fact that if their data get corrupted or lost, they will spend even more time and energy to recover them. Therefore, please attach more importance to backups. Moreover, it is also essential to keep a potent repair tool handy, like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which has the prowess to repair Outlook file no matter in a hard or virtual drive.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com