You will certainly analyze the change of data in your Excel worksheet. Today, we will show you how to use the win/loss sparklines chart to analyze data.
The data in the worksheet need to be deeply analyzed. And you can use many methods in Excel to analyze data. In our previous article Sparkline – Mini Chart to Show Data Trends in Your Excel Worksheet, we have introduced the line sparklines in detail. And now we have found that the win/loss sparklines in Excel can also show the data changes.
This image below shows an example. The worksheet shows the sales volume growth rates of 3 products in several months. The data will change in different months.
Now follow the steps below and see how to create the win/loss sparklines.
Create Win/Loss Sparklines
- Click a blank cell that you will input the sparklines. In the example we will click the cell H2.
- And then click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- Next click the button “Win/Loss” in the toolbar.
- After that, a new window will pop up in the worksheet. Here you need to input the data range into the first text box. You can also use your mouse to select the range in the worksheet directly.
- Next click the button “OK” in the window. Thus, you can see the win/loss sparkline in this cell H2.
- In this step, click the fill handle of the cell H2 and drag downwards. Therefore, all the cells will contain the sparklines.
All the data changes in the worksheet can be seen clearly in those sparklines
Modify Win/Loss Sparklines
The default setting of the win/loss sparklines may not fulfill your needs. Therefore, you still need to adjust the sparklines.
- Click the cell that contains the win/loss sparkline. Therefore, the tab “Sparkline Tools” will be activated.
- And then click the tab “Design” in the ribbon. You can see many options in the toolbar.
- In order to make the chart better for analyzing, we will set the different points. Check the options of the “High Point”, “Low Point” in the toolbar.
- After that, click the button “Marker Color” in the toolbar.
- In the drop-down menu, set the colors for the different points in the sparkline.
With the different colors in cells, you will know clearly about the data changes in the range.
From the above parts, you will know the effect of the win/loss sparklines. Therefore, the next time when you are required to analyze the data changes, you can consider using this feature.
Focus on Excel Security
The Excel security is rather important for your work. Hence, you need to focus on it. There are times that you will meet with Excel corruption. At this moment, you are suggested to use out powerful recovery tool. It can repair damaged xls file and solve other Excel errors. With this tool, you can also make sure that your Excel workbooks are safe.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word docx file damage and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com