If you set an alias for your email account, the alias will replace email address to display in recipient field. In this case, it will be much easier for others to recognize you.
In common situation, when you receive a message, you must find that your email address displays in recipient field. But if you set an alias, you alias will supersede email address. Unquestionably, an alias is more attractive. Therefore, in order to make your email account easier to be recognized, you had better set a special alias right now. Here are the minute steps for you.
Set an Alias for Your Email Account
- To begin with, go to “File” menu. And from the “Info” tab, you need to click “Account Settings” button.
- Then a new window of “Account Settings” will pop up. From the “Email” tab, you should pitch on your target email account.
- Locate and click the “Change” button. It will open another new window called “Change Account”, in which you can change all information about your email settings, ranging from user, server as well as logon information.
- Thus in the first place, you should modify “Your Name” in “User Information”. You can enter your wished alias in this field.
- Next you need to click the “More Settings” button at the right bottom of the current screen.
- Later a new dialog box will pop up, in which you need to stay in the first tab – “General”.
- Under “Mail Account” label, you can find that the shown default name is your email address, like Teddy@Outlook.com. You can delete the default name and type your preferred alias for this email account. After entering alias, click “OK” to save it.
- Finally it will return to the “Change Account” interface. Click “Next”, Outlook will test this account settings automatically. If succeed, you will be back to Outlook.
Require Help of External Tool When Outlook Is Seriously Damaged
As a standalone email client, Outlook has fulfilled quantities of our needs. Furthermore, it also provides us with best assistance in contact management, schedule arrangement and so on. Nevertheless, Outlook errors still occur frequently. In more terrible situation, Outlook crashes may take place. Then all Outlook data will be at risk. Therefore, it is highly advisable to make a backup on a regular basis. If no backups, what you can do is to resort to external repair tool like DataNumrn Outlook Repair, which is expert in Outlook recovery. Not only can it repair damaged Outlook files in a breeze, but also it can be served as an e-discovery tool.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com