Sometimes you need to send similar emails to multiple contacts saved in Excel. You can use the following method to finish this task.
Suppose you need to send the information of bonus to different sales representative.
In this worksheet, all the emails of the sales representative are listed in column C. If you send those emails one by one, it is really unimaginable. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to send emails in bulk.
Send Emails in Bulk
In this method, you need to use the application Word to edit and send Emails.
- Create a new Word file.
- Click the tab “Mailings” in the ribbon.
- Next click the button “Select Recipients”.
- And then in the submenu, choose the option “Use Existing list”.
- Now in the “Select Data Source” window, choose the Excel file that contains the information.
- Next click the button “Open”.
- In the “Select Table” window, choose the target worksheet that you need. Here if the first row is the column header, you need to check the option “First row of data contains column headers”.
- And then click “OK”.
- Now you can edit the email directly in Word. Here you need to add the different names and the corresponding bonus numbers. Click the arrow under the button “Insert Merge Field”.
- In the drop-down menu, choose specific field in the list. Here you need to add the name, thus choose the column header of “Sales Representative” in the list.
Therefore, the field will appear in the email content that you are editing.
- If you don’t need to send emails to certain contacts, you can also edit the lists. Click the button “Edit Recipient List” in the toolbar.
- In the “Mail Merge Recipients” window, uncheck the emails that you don’t need.
- Next click “OK”.
Thus, the target emails will not send to those people.
- Before you send those emails, you can preview them. Click the button “Preview Results”. Thus, the name and bonus information will appear in the contents.
- After all the editing and preview, now you can send emails. Click the button “Finish & Merge”.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the option “Send E-mail Messages”.
- In the “Merge to E-mail” window, choose the option of email address in the “To” part. Input the information into the “Subject line” textbox.
- And then click “OK”. Thus, all the emails will be sent in bulk through Outlook.
Form the above steps, you can see that combine the three applications can make your work much easier.
Don’t Fully Rely on Backups
Backup is a good method for avoiding data loss. However, the backup files will also corrupt due to various reasons. If you want to use backup to protect your Excel file, you need to prepare at least two copies. And always to check the backup files. However, if backup files cannot retrieve your data and information, you can turn to a third party tool for help. This tool is specially designed to fix Excel problems. With backup files and recovery tools at hand, your file will be much safer.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com