When you intend to send emails to multiple contacts in the same category, you will find that in “To” field, you cannot sort your address book by category. Thus it will be difficult to enter target contacts. This article will teach you two tips pertaining to this issue.
In fact there is a quick approach to send emails to a group of contacts that belong to one category, namely making contacts listed by category and sending emails to them. But this method is only effective when you want to send a new email to them. If you want to forward or reply an email, you have to create a new contact group. Here are the steps for the two cases.
Group by Category and Send Email
- At first, launch Outlook application and head to “Contacts” pane.
- Then you need to head to “View” tab, under which you should click “Change View” and select “List” from the view list. After returning to Contacts, you can see that all contacts are grouped by category automatically.
- Select the group header of one category and click “Email” button in ribbon.
- You will receive a prompt, which asks whether apply this action to all items in this group. You can just click “OK” to turn to the next step.
- Next it will open a New Message window. You can find that all contacts in this category will be in “To” field.
- Finally you can enter concrete message information as usual and click “Send”.
Create a Contact Group for a Category
- Take the first 5 steps in “Group by Category and Send Email” part above.
- Then locate the “To” field. Press “Ctrl + A” to select all contacts.
- Make use of another shortcut – “Ctrl + C” to copy them. Next close the current window and go back to “Outlook Contacts”.
- Click “New Contact Group” in Home ribbon. In the subsequent window, click “Add Members” button and choose “From Outlook Contacts”.
- In the new popup dialog, move your cursor to the “Members” field, and press “Ctrl + V” to paste the contacts.
- Click “OK” and name this contact group, and click “Save & Close” finally.
Prevent Outlook Files from Corruption
Though with a myriad of advantages, Outlook is same susceptible to corruption as other software. In order to prevent Outlook corruption, you should keep closing Outlook properly, install antivirus software and make regular backups. If your Outlook file is certainly corrupted seriously, it is imperative to take the aid of a powerful repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It has a high Outlook recovery rate. Thus it can absolutely help you to extract the maximum data from corrupted file.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Leave a Reply