When emailing to an Outlook contact group, for reasons of confidentiality, you have to create separate emails sent to each group member. Here, this post will teach you to get it.
If you need to send a same email to each member in a contact group separately, by the standard means, you should create several emails for all the members and fill each member in the “To” field of each email. Unquestionably, it’s quite tedious. So, thereinafter, we will share a much more convenient way with you.
Send a Same Email to Each Member in an Outlook Contact Group Separately
- At the very beginning, start your Outlook application.
- Then, press “Alt + F11” key buttons to open VBA editor.
- Next, in the new window, copy and paste the VBA code below into an unused module.
Sub BatchEmailToGroupMembersSeparately() Dim objContactGroup As Outlook.DistListItem Dim i As Long Dim objMember As Outlook.Recipient Dim strMemberAddress, strMemberName As String Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem 'Get the source contact group Select Case Application.ActiveWindow.Class Case olInspector Set objContactGroup = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem Case olExplorer Set objContactGroup = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) End Select For i = objContactGroup.MemberCount To 1 Step -1 'Get each member Set objMember = objContactGroup.GetMember(i) strMemberAddress = objMember.Address strMemberName = Split(strMemberAddress, "@")(0) strMemberName = UCase(Left(strMemberName, 1)) & LCase(Right(strMemberName, Len(strMemberName) - 1)) 'Create separate emails for members Set objMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'Please edit the email details here With objMail .Subject = "DataNumen Products" .Body = "Dear " & strMemberName & "," & vbCr & vbCr & "Type email content here" .Attachments.Add ("E:\DataNumen Products\DataNumen Products.xlsx") .Attachments.Add ("E:\DataNumen Products\DataNumen Outlook Repair\DataNumen Outlook Repair.docx") .Recipients.Add objMember .Send End With Next End Sub
- After that, you have to change the email details in the code.
- Then, add the macro to Quick Access Toolbar according to the previous post – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Subsequently, try this macro right now.
- First of all, select or open a contact group.
- Then, click macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- At once, separate emails to each group members will be sent out. You can see them in the Outbox.
Get back Valuable Outlook Data
Outlook is susceptible to damage due to various factors, such as viruses, malware, hardware issues and software faults, etc. When an Outlook PST file is corrupt, you must be going to make efforts to attempt PST repair. For instance, you can make use of a robust external fix tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, to get back your precious PST data.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com