As we all know, outlook already has many quick steps, offering more convenience to users. We also can create new outlook shortcuts to help our work.
When dealing with various emails in Outlook, we often need to move some emails to another folder or mark some as read, etc. Therefore, we would repeatedly do some steps. Actually, if you know how to create quick steps, you will consider that all these repeating steps are waste of time.
For an example of mine, I am often required to forward the emails from my boss to a colleague. I used to taking repeating actions of adding contacts and clicking to send it. Fortunately, I get the know-how of creating quick steps in Outlook by chance. Since then, I can forward emails to the colleague by only one click.
Now I will share the tips with everyone in example of creating “Forward” quick step.
Create New Shortcuts
In “Home” page, we can see all quick steps, namely shortcuts, such as “Move to”, “To Manager”, “Done, etc.
- We need to click “Create New” option.
- Then in a popup window named as “Edit Quick Step”, we can rule all properties of the quick step.
- In order to create “Forward” quick step, we could name it as “Quick Forward”.
- Then we should locate and click “Choose an Action”.
- In a new drop-down menu, we should select the “Forward” option.
- In a blank box, which is for us to fill in specific recipients’ email address, we could type in one by one, or click the icon of person to search contacts.
- Next we should click “Hide Options”, and edit subject, flag, importance as well as concrete forwarded email’s contents.
- Finally we could just click “Finish” button to save the settings.
Try “Quick Forward”
Now let’s try it. Return to “Home” page and pitch on an email. Then just click “Quick Forward” in the frame of “Quick Steps”. The email will be sent to the ruled recipients automatically.
“Quick Steps (Shortcuts)” is one of special capabilities of Outlook 2010. Actually, no matter Outlook 2010, old or higher versions, they all have many functions. Not only can Outlook be used as email client, but also it owns calendar, task, contacts manager and so on. However, due to various factors such as power surge, windows breakdown, Outlook files may get damaged or lost easily. In this situation, the best approach is to utilize third party software like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is especially designed in outlook recovery. By it, corruption and loss of data will be minimized.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com