You may store different types of data and information in different workbooks. So here we will guide you on how to save time by opening multiple workbooks at the same time.
In your work, if you are working on a large project, it is naturally that you need to open several worksheets. And in a new day you begin to work, you need to open those workbooks one by one. If they are in the same folder, you can select them all and then open. But sometimes, those workbooks will separate in different folders, and you need to open them one by one manually. This process will cost you some time. Therefore, you can try the following steps and open them at the same time.
Open Multiple Workbooks at the Same Time
- Open the XL Startup folder in your computer. Usually the folder path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART. And you can copy it and paste in a window to open it.
- Copy the target Excel workbooks.
- In this folder, press the shortcut “Ctrl + V” to paste those workbooks.
- And if you see this window, click the button “Continue”.
After the previous steps, you have finished all the setting. Now if you open any of an Excel workbook or open a new workbook, the Excel workbooks in this folder will automatically open. Thus, you don’t need to open them one by one. Besides, you need to notice that all the workbooks will be in the mode of “Read-Only”. If you want to edit them, you can have a designated folder.
Set a Designated Folder
- Choose the new folder or create a new one.
- Copy the folder path. For example, here we have the folder in the desktop, and the path is C:\Users\Datanumen\Desktop\Datanumen Products.
- Open any of an Excel file.
- Click “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click “Options”.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced”.
- And then drag the scroll bar on the right until you come to the “General” part.
- Then in the text box, input the folder path that you have previously copied.
- Click “OK”.
- Now you can input the target workbook into this folder.
And if you open a new workbook, the other workbooks in this folder will also open. What’s more, you can edit them directly. When you finish your task, you can remove those files from the folder so that the next time, those files will not open.
Excel Crashes will Make Your Life Miserable
Despite all the convenience that Excel has brought to us, it can sometimes crash due to many reasons. To avoid things becoming worse, you should take the right action immediately. And our software can help you recover Excel files in a quick time.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com