To those extremely important emails, we tend to hope that we can get notified when it is delivered and read. This article will look at enabling Outlook to request receipts automatically when sending emails to those especially crucial contacts.
I create a contact group in Outlook, which contains all of my significant clients. Every time I send emails to them, I always add receipt requests to the messages manually. But via the following method, I needn’t add it any more. Outlook can request receipts by itself.
Request Receipts Automatically When Sending to Specified Contacts
- To begin with, head to “File” menu and click “Manage Rules & Alerts” button.
- Then a new window called “Rules and Alerts” will show up, in which you need to locate and click on “New rules” button.
- In the subsequent dialog box of “Rule wizard”, you should locate “Start from a blank rule” label, and select “Apply rule on messages I send”. And click “Next” button.
- In the new screen, you should choose a condition, namely “sent to people or public group” option.
- Next click the “people or public group” link in blue at the bottom box, which will open a new dialog of “Rule Address”. In this dialog box, you can double click the specified contacts to add them to “To” field. After selecting, you should click “OK” to back to “Rule Wizard” and press “Next”
- In the following screen for actions, you can choose “notify me when it is delivered” or “notify me when it is read” or both of them. You can make this selection as per your needs. After this choice, you need to click “Next”.
- In the next step, you are permitted to pick out an exception if necessary. Of course, if not, you can just neglect this step and click “Next” directly.
- Later you can assign a name for this rule to distinguish it from other rules, such as request receipts for somebody.
- Finally click “Finish” button to apply this rule.
As soon as completing the above steps, all the sent emails to specified contacts will be loaded with receipt requests automatically. Therefore, you don’t need to check the “request receipt” options when composing email messages.
Small Errors Will Lead to Big Crashes
Though loaded with quantities of amazing functions, Outlook is still pretty prone to corruptions. Therefore, if you are a regular user of Outlook, you had to pay much attention to various potential risks, one of which is Outlook error. Due to the frequent appearance of errors, many users are inclined to ignore them. Nevertheless, it is the minor errors that trigger severe Outlook crashes, which will jeopardize the Outlook data file. Thus do not disregard any small errors. You should eliminate them as soon as possible. Besides, it is advisable to keep an apt repair tool nearby, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is particularly designed to repair PST file. With a recovery rate, it has shouldered over its peers.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com