Read Receipt Request is one of special features of MS Outlook. It allows users to request recipients to send a read report as soon as they read it.
After sending out an email, we often encounter a situation that we don’t know whether the recipients have read it or not. If the email is very important, we certainly hope they can read it as soon as possible. However, we even could not know whether they read or not, not to mention when they read the email. To this annoying problem, Outlook especially offers a useful feature, namely read receipt request.
There are two ways to request read receipt, one of which will require users to tick the “read receipt” item every time. But another way could assist users to request a read receipt permanently. Two ways have their own advantages and drawbacks. In this passage, I will introduce them respectively.
First: Request a Read Receipt in New Emails
- Firstly open Outlook and create a new email as usual.
- Fill in email address, subject and the email contents.
- Locate and click on the “Options”.
- Then you will see, in the frame of “Tracking”, there is an option of “Request a Read Receipt”. Just tick it.
- Finally, you could send the email. When recipient read the email, he will see a popup dialog, reminding to send read receipt.
Second: Request a Read Receipt in Outlook Options
- First open Outlook and turn to “File” page.
- Click “Options” item. Then in “Outlook Options”, you need to locate and click on “Mail” option.
- Next you need to pull scrolling bar to find the “Tracking” option.
- In “Tracking”, you can see all kinds of requests for messages sent, in which there is the item for read receipt. Just tick it.
- Finally click a series of “OK” to save the changed options. You can try it by creating a new email. You will see that “Request a Read Receipt” has already been ticked. Thus you needn’t tick it every time.
By read receipt request, users can avoid worthless wait for recipients’ reply. Actually, read receipt is a small function in Outlook. If you are a regular user of Outlook, you must often find its various surprises. Nevertheless, though Outlook is such a powerful application, it often comes across some errors as well. Sometimes, users cannot find out where the problems lie. Therefore, if the problems are so severe that outlook gets corrupted, it is time to implement a specialized recovery solution such as DataNumen Outlook repair. It will help users to repair outlook and try its best to minimize the corruption.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com